news & politics:discussion

zahidf

15 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

some countries have historical problems with inflation though don't they ... ?  

Yeah I think like Venezuela and that do. My point is more inflation right now is global. The U.K. is vulnerable economically right now due to the stupidity which was brexit but it isn’t a big driver of inflation. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

ok...so yeah interest rates and brexit and inflation and labour and now my forum page is full of ignored posts from barry fish who is just a troll dickhead but you keep replying to him that's fine.

Why’s he not allowed to reply to him? It’s a forum ffs that’s what you’re meant to do. 

Also you’re a troll and so is ozanne 😂

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

or maybe use your mod powers and prove me wrong there isn't one rule for the leftie lovers dishing out horrible abuse and one rule for the rest.  Oh we have been here before haven't we.  Only took a few hours of posting 😛 

the aim is to keep everyone posting and being respectful to each other .... how I chose to do that is my decision but thanks for the advice 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah I think like Venezuela and that do. My point is more inflation right now is global. The U.K. is vulnerable economically right now due to the stupidity which was brexit but it isn’t a big driver of inflation. 

fair enough 🙂 .... inflation does seem higher than most in Europe apart from eastern ? so defiantly something relates to brexit , although other factors at play too 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

the aim is to keep everyone posting and being respectful to each other .... how I chose to do that is my decision but thanks for the advice 

He’s been back hours and already causing grief, surely you can see this?

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

It wasn't advice.  It was a criticism.  It was me saying, oh look, you are doing that thing you claimed you wasn't.  He is just being abusive and you are saying thats ok. 

did you read my earlier post about banning everyone ? 

Just now, steviewevie said:

the forum just fills up with bollocks when that fish bloke gets involved. Always happens, and will again. He is a turd.

The mods don’t take any action that’s the problem, he’s once again turned the thread into a toilet. 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

fair enough 🙂 .... inflation does seem higher than most in Europe apart from eastern ? so defiantly something relates to brexit , although other factors at play too 

Spain and Japan have handled the inflationary environment without having resort to interest rate rises. Spain took fiscal action and were able to keep inflation very low, we should look to them.

24 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

some countries have historical problems with inflation though don't they ... ?  

more than just inflation, historical problem of tanking the economy (argentina was once one of the richest countries).

Just now, Ozanne said:

The mods don’t take any action that’s the problem, he’s once again turned the thread into a toilet. 

if I took action last week the ban list would have been the entire contributors to this thread , sometimes people need to look at themselves in the mirror , like I said earlier if anyone chose to read it there are some guidelines being drawn up . ACT like adults ALL OF YOU FFS 

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Starmer is so pathetically transparent, BTW why is it O.K. to call female football players "lionesses" but female actors have now to be called actors rather than actresses? Do the men's team get called "lions" if not why this stupid name?

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

if I took action last week the ban list would have been the entire contributors to this thread , sometimes people need to look at themselves in the mirror , like I said earlier if anyone chose to read it there are some guidelines being drawn up . ACT like adults ALL OF YOU FFS 

he started it

Just now, gizmoman said:

Starmer is so pathetically transparent, BTW why is it O.K. to call female football players "lionesses" but female actors have now to be called actors rather than actresses? Do the men's team get called "lions" if not why this stupid name?

Never thought of that!

f**kING HELL! 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Yes, ok, I understand how interest rates work.....but now there are more people who own houses without a mortgage, and more people with fixed rate mortgages which have not come to an end yet, so the lag between rate rises and people's spending is  longer than used to be.

while that's correct, its also a demonstration that you don't get it. .... interest rate rises in-theory impact onto businesses, which traditionally borrow capital off the bank to buy/create their stock for their business (the 'capital' part of capitalism)., so interest rate rises should impact onto businesses but  over time -the need to do that borrowing from the bank has lessened). and back when that was true there were fewer people with mortgages, so the effect was magnified from how it might work now.

Edited by Neil

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

the forum just fills up with bollocks when that fish bloke gets involved. Always happens, and will again. He is a turd.

Having been 'fished' in the past I have to say this comment really is spot on.

A tech consultant who loves to be nasty for the sheer sake of it.................. and fishy man even turns on those 'on his side' after  awhile when all the others ignore him.

Love this thread definition of a troll too - someone who does not agree with 'our view' and we can label 'left'.

If I could be bothered I could now, with huge ease, find quotes from dozens of economic groups including the ONS all of which say that Brexit has had a negative effect on the UK economy and has had an effect keeping our inflation higher...................... but I will likely just get insulted as that is, and has always been, the go to of leaver lovers.

and as for the attitude seemingly just because they are women of some recent posts - shameful.

By y'all

Edited by Nobody Interesting
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

But the reality is it was just you dishing out abuse...  like it always is...  You can't help yourself.  I guess its how you have been raise.

Read back its everyone dishing abuse ... and everyone reporting that abuse , including you at points .  hence the look in the mirror post that applies to everyone .... ( and yes Im aware you've not been on here for a bit ) 

Edited by Crazyfool01
spelling

1 minute ago, Neil said:

while that's correct, its also a demonstration that you don't get it. .... interest rate rises in-theory impact onto businesses, which traditionally borrow capital off the bank to buy/create their stock for their business, so interest rate rises should impact onto businesses but  over time -the need to do that borrowing from the bank has lessened). and back when that was true there were fewer people with mortgages, so the effect was magnified from how it might work now.

errr...ok...so if we accept that and mortgage rates are supposed to impact businesses and not home owners...that means the risk of unemployment and recession etc even higher?

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Spain and Japan have handled the inflationary environment without having resort to interest rate rises. Spain took fiscal action and were able to keep inflation very low, we should look to them.

The interest rate in Spain has gone up. They are in the EU. Hope this information helps you 🙂