news & politics:discussion

zahidf

The nhs is f**ked because of 13 years of Tory rule … it actually functioned under Labour and the waiting lists dropped . Now they pay huge amounts to agency staff who worked in the nhs previously and have left because they get better pay elsewhere . Just pay them what they deserve starting with the lower end so they don’t need to use foodbanks . I will absolutely avoid the private sector until my need becomes desperate and then it will be through gritted teeth . With better technology now healthcare should be improving and yet life expectancy in the U.K. has dropped . Nhs dentistry is a mess you can’t find one as an adult anywhere and if you move then you need to stick with old dentist again the Tory’s deliberately moving toward privatisation it’s no suprise . I think kids can still register locally with parents dentist ? So I’d be getting them registered ®️ 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

as i menrioned yesterday, this is what i've said to my son. i suggested canada ( cos he's already spent six months living there)he doesn't fancy canada.

(if i was eighteen again, i'd be thinking of quitting.)

I am one of three. My siblings live in NZ and the US. I have given the opportunity to move to the states and I was not tempted at all. Even if I was 18 again I wouldn't move. I will sound like a UKIPper but I am happy here and quite proud of the country even with all its faults.

6 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I am one of three. My siblings live in NZ and the US. I have given the opportunity to move to the states and I was not tempted at all. Even if I was 18 again I wouldn't move. I will sound like a UKIPper but I am happy here and quite proud of the country even with all its faults.

Nz is absolutely stunning … I’d probably jump at the chance if I could these days . Amazing place if not a little behind the times it felt 🙂 spent 9 months there in 09 travelling and fruit picking … don’t know if we can still get visas for that stuff 🤔. Anyone thinking about visiting I’d definately do it with very varied landscapes over relatively short distances . 

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Covid seems to be blamed for every illness people ever get now.  Covid stole my wife will be the next headline.

blamed on covid ? I posted the article where it shows that it's a trigger .... we've moved on but surely accepting it causes issues for peoples health is part of that ? or are you in denial ? or would it be better if if were called post viral something ? if you are susceptible then covid seems to bring out various weaknesses in peoples health . 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The nhs is f**ked because of 13 years of Tory rule … it actually functioned under Labour and the waiting lists dropped . 

2 weeks it takes to get a GP appointment where I am. Used to be a couple days when I was a kid.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

don’t know if we can still get visas for that stuff

pretty sure you can. Defo can for Australia. In fact I think it has actually got easier post brexit to get into Australia, not sure about NZ. Before anyone shouts at me, not I do not think Brexit was a good idea and I'd rather be able to travel and live in europe easier again.

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yep 3 weeks to get the GP appointment , a further 4 to get my ultrasound scan and the scans were initially full  😞 .... 

The Tories will blame everyone else but the decline in the NHS is solely on the Tories. It’s one of many reasons why we need them out of government. Sadly it doesn’t look like we’ll get an election soon.

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yep 3 weeks to get the GP appointment , a further 4 to get my ultrasound scan and the scans were initially full  😞 .... 

I have a hernia too...join the club...so I feel your pain (or lump/mound/protrusion). I had to wait 4 weeks for a telephone appointment with GP, but then only a few weeks for a scan. Now waiting another 3 weeks for follow up with GP and then it will be god knows how long until gets operated on. Hernia's aren't usually a problem unless causing any pain though, so I wouldn't worry. If it was more serious I'm sure waiting times would be a lot shorter. I've actually had mine for a quite a while, badge of honour.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I have a hernia too...join the club...so I feel your pain (or lump/mound/protrusion). I had to wait 4 weeks for a telephone appointment with GP, but then only a few weeks for a scan. Now waiting another 3 weeks for follow up with GP and then it will be god knows how long until gets operated on. Hernia's aren't usually a problem unless causing any pain though, so I wouldn't worry. If it was more serious I'm sure waiting times would be a lot shorter. I've actually had mine for a quite a while, badge of honour.

yeah fair and thanks just a bit awkward with my job with some heavy lifting so fingers crossed it doesn't get worse ... let me know the wait when you get it in terms of time and ill race you to the operating table 🙂 ... mine was first noticed by a mate at Glastonbury and being a bloke you know ... it got delayed me booking the appointment 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yeah fair and thanks just a bit awkward with my job with some heavy lifting so fingers crossed it doesn't get worse ... let me know the wait when you get it in terms of time and ill race you to the operating table 🙂 ... mine was first noticed by a mate at Glastonbury and being a bloke you know ... it got delayed me booking the appointment 

I don't think it's anything to worry about...just let them know if painful, hard to wee/fart/poop (seriously), otherwise they aren't a problem. After surgery  you'll have to take it easy for about a week or two I think. My bro in US just had his operated on...he didn't have to wait as long as we do over here...

A friend of mine had one on his belly button. He looked like a massive tit.

18 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Sorry if this is too personal. How did someone spot it and you hadn’t noticed it? I have no experience with hernias so dunno what it’s like. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

Sorry if this is too personal. How did someone spot it and you hadn’t noticed it? I have no experience with hernias so dunno what it’s like. 

well I kind of had ... its on my stomach and is a bit of a lopsided lump ... think my friend pointing it out gave me a nudge although I probably should have seen the GP a bit sooner tbh 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

well I kind of had ... its on my stomach and is a bit of a lopsided lump ... think my friend pointing it out gave me a nudge although I probably should have seen the GP a bit sooner tbh 

Fair play, sometimes we need that little nudge. 

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Nz is absolutely stunning … I’d probably jump at the chance if I could these days . Amazing place if not a little behind the times it felt 🙂 spent 9 months there in 09 travelling and fruit picking … don’t know if we can still get visas for that stuff 🤔. Anyone thinking about visiting I’d definately do it with very varied landscapes over relatively short distances . 

NZ has just relaxed its immigration rules. Much easier to get in.

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

sadly elderly  parents issues prevent me currently . lovely place though and not dissimilar to here but minus the Tories obviously 

you don't necessarily have to do it now, but you might look into it now, perhaps even start the process (i doubt its a quick process).?