news & politics:discussion

zahidf

13 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I didn't say dull. I don't care if he's dull, I care that he is uninspiring and offered nothing in the interview of note- it's just so vague and like he is afraid to stand for anything.

dull is always going to be uninspiring. i'm  happy with competent after the last member's pick..

1 minute ago, Neil said:

dull is always going to be uninspiring. i'm  happy with competent after the last member's pick..

Don’t worry Sir, I find Starmer to be inspiring. How could you not be when you look at how he’s rescued Labour since 2019! 

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

As I said - we live rent free in his head...

everything is free in your head, including the space  where intelligence might be.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

When is the last time you posted something that is legible let alone contains a meaningful opinion ? 

2 minute ago it says ^^^^

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You know if someone came along and deleted all the posts from Neil, Ozanne, Stevie and Nobody...  Do you know what you would be left with...  An actual discussion 🙂 

its only you who make no attempt to discuss stuff to instead abuse the place.

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You know if someone came along and deleted all the posts from Neil, Ozanne, Stevie and Nobody...  Do you know what you would be left with...  An actual discussion 🙂 

So delete the lefties yeah that is the opposite to inviting open discussion which you are a such a prominent campaigner of …. Hopefully the standards come in soon there was some improvement I’d noticed until today and nearly everyone I’d engaged with had actually done as I requested which I appreciate so thanks if anyone wants to continue arguing I’d suggest they go down the local park and some need to take a close look at their own behaviours before lashing out at others . So Ozanne , fray and Stevie ( until today ) thanks for the attempts . Night kids 

39 minutes ago, Neil said:

when i say dull i mean his personality - tbh i don't care much about this

when i say uninspiring I am referring to the policy platform he is standing on 

2 different things

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

when i say dull i mean his personality - tbh i don't care much about this

when i say uninspiring I am referring to the policy platform he is standing on 

2 different things

he could have a fantastic policy platform. he'd still be dull when talking about it, dull is who he is.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

he could have a fantastic policy platform. he'd still be dull when talking about it, dull is who he is.

I like to share this every time someone claims something untrue/lazy about Labour’s policy offering. It looks pretty inspiring and exciting to me. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I like to share this every time someone claims something untrue/lazy about Labour’s policy offering. It looks pretty inspiring and exciting to me. 

some people refuse to be inspired with anything less than corbyn v2.

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Can’t see anything about student debt which is what I was talking about cause it was what starmer was talking on radio 1 about. All he said was ‘there will be a package’ that’s it. A few years ago it was getting rid of tuition fees 😂

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

I’ve said he’s dull, I was talking about the policy platform regarding student debt I heard on the radio. I’m convinced you can’t read. 

i read that and found it as dull as starmer.

Wagner group are all over the shop, especially in parts of Africa where there's been coups recently...what happens to them now? they carry on under new leadership, maybe with a different name? disband and disappear? become part of Russian military and Russia has a more obvious role in all these places?

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Wagner group are all over the shop, especially in parts of Africa where there's been coups recently...what happens to them now? they carry on under new leadership, maybe with a different name? disband and disappear? become part of Russian military and Russia has a more obvious role in all these places?

I'm thinking that when Ukraine started everyone thought Putin didn't have an out. Maybe his out could be talking over Wagner.

9 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

😂😂😂 ok Neil. You must be due a nap already and it’s only half 8 lol 

Projection, that post was eight hours ago I've had a full night since then.

28 minutes ago, Neil said:

I'm thinking that when Ukraine started everyone thought Putin didn't have an out. Maybe his out could be talking over Wagner.

Why would Putin go from being in a position of being untouchable at the top of Russian government to just becoming a pawn for the next Russian president? 

Putins in his job for life. Only a health issue  or rogue agent will remove him. His unhealthy body being the more likely assassin. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Why would Putin go from being in a position of being untouchable at the top of Russian government to just becoming a pawn for the next Russian president? 

Putins in his job for life. Only a health issue  or rogue agent will remove him. His unhealthy body being the more likely assassin. 

think it was more an out of the invasion, not presidency.

And I don't think there is an out, he can just let it grind on for months and years with no resolution...grinding Ukraine down, unable to join Nato...it's all very grim.