news & politics:discussion

zahidf

18 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

fair point .... I reckon she's been writing and re writing that letter ever since 

Given she says Sunak has been in power for 'a year' in it I don't think she wanted to send it yet and forgot to change that bit........... or has she forgotten the wonderful leadership we had from tRuss?

23 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I used to be a very angry and sometimes violent man before I went on my current antipsychotic medications. Just looking at Nadine Dorries' face makes me want to stop all my meds with immediate effect and punch f**k out of something.

48 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Given she says Sunak has been in power for 'a year' in it I don't think she wanted to send it yet and forgot to change that bit........... or has she forgotten the wonderful leadership we had from tRuss?

trus had gone over a year ago, so mad nad is about right.

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

tRuss did not even become PM until 6th September 2022 lasting 44 days until 20th October. Sunak took office on 25th October 2022.

So Dosser Dorries is very wrong.

2nd time you've spelt it tRuss...what's reason for that?

Edited by steviewevie

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

2nd time you've spelt it tRuss...what's reason for that?

It started when I typed tRump like that and carried on for tRuss. No real real for the later, the former cos it highlights what he is.

I type Ree-Smogg different to the norm as well and like the vast majority call a certain person Johnson, never by his chosen name.

I like to be different.

10 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

tRuss did not even become PM until 6th September 2022 lasting 44 days until 20th October. Sunak took office on 25th October 2022.

So Dosser Dorries is very wrong.

my bad for suggesting she might be right.

27 minutes ago, lost said:

Labour pledge not to introduce wealth tax or raise capital gains or taxes on higher earners.

i thought there's the space for a CGT rise, pissed of that they're ruling it out.

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Bit of a mess really I’m sure they don’t have to go that far … it’s the best opportunity not to with the state the Tory party are in 

You'd think... maybe they're worried if economy starts improving next year then Tories might have a chance, so trying to negate any mud that can be thrown at them.

40 minutes ago, Neil said:

i thought there's the space for a CGT rise, pissed of that they're ruling it out.

Its gone up quite a bit. I actually think it bottomed under Alister Darling during the last labour government.