news & politics:discussion

zahidf

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Hopefully we don’t fall out but I put Blair as our 2nd best ever PM. 

We won't - I just have a lot of people in my life in the forces and some are disabled due to going to war in Iraq based on a lie.

Apart from that he did better than most and if I am honest is probably the one that did the most for most people in my life so far.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Highly probable - a gem of a politician compared to the vast majority but we will never know what power might have done to his morals.

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I reckon John Smith would have been higher had he not died 

Agreed, he would have been great. Mad how much U.K. history changed based on that one event. So much would probs have been different 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Agreed, he would have been great. Mad how much U.K. history changed based on that one event. So much would probs have been different 

Same goes for 1983 - if the Falklands were not invaded in 82 then likely the SDP would have stayed ahead in the polls and won the election.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

I haven't posted a single nasty post 🙂 

Talk about a pile on - as usual 🙂 

Your post tone and style is nasty.  As a casual bystander, not a pile on, I don't believe you talk to people like that in real life or you'd get a biff.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

If they're going to tax wealth, then property is the obvious thing that taxes should be increased on. Ridiculous how much money some people have made over the last few decades.

about £200k on this house in 11 years(if it sold for what i expect).

59 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

nah.

falklands made a big difference to what happened in '83, michael foot and the longest suicide note in history had a big effect too, just think corbyn.

14 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

is that a firm decision made ? where are you planning on going ?

we haven't decided to sell but if we did i'll be staying in bristol, i feel like i've got good connections here for my medical needs, don't fancy trying to tap-in to similar in a new place.

i also have options without needing to sell, as i'm due a few decent chunks of money in the near-ish  future ( by the end of next year).

Edited by Neil

1 minute ago, Neil said:

we haven't decided to sell but if we did i'll be staying in bristol, i feel like i've got good connections here for my medical needs, don't fancy trying to tap-in to similar in a new place.

i also have options without needing to sell, as i'm due a few decent chunks of money in the near-ish  future(by the end of next year).

yeah that's understandable , its hard enough changing dentists without having to manage other medical needs 

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Utterly mental and shouldn’t happen in any sane world 

it works the other way too, i also had a house reprosessed . and have spent£80k+ on rent.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

it works the other way too, i also had a house reposessed. and have spent £80k+ on rent.

missed out for that that i got caught for £10k to pay towards the losses on the reposession.