news & politics:discussion

zahidf

34 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

for me there's too many hurdles in the way ... we shall see 

People forgetting the poll leads the repubs had in the mid terms and pretty much had their worst ever in terms of what was expected..which was a wipe out of the democrats. 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

grant scnapps knows all the words to rappers delight.

Waslistening to a ecnapps interview on radio four and I'm sure they said scnapps brother was in big audio dynamite.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I had so much clever stuff to say (and tweets to copy and paste) but I've totally forgotten now.

Are you (and anyone else) finding xwitter or whatever it is much more of a hellscape lately? I keep getting transphobia, antisemitism, and pro-Trump conspiracy BS cramming up my "for you" when I don't switch to following quickly.

23 hours ago, pryce said:

People forgetting the poll leads the repubs had in the mid terms and pretty much had their worst ever in terms of what was expected..which was a wipe out of the democrats. 

A vote for the senate is very different to a vote for a single man in the Presidential elections.................... and several of my US friends say that. There is something about tRump that just makes people turn pout to vote whereas for the other elections they are not bothered.
I have had some eye opening discussions with folks from the States as to why and how people there vote.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

oh yeah, this. Bit sh*t.

Just another nasty Tory policy to put in place to lumber Labour with - they will do more and more things like this that will force Labour to reverse them and spend money or accept them and become a bit more Tory themselves.

4 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Are you (and anyone else) finding xwitter or whatever it is much more of a hellscape lately? I keep getting transphobia, antisemitism, and pro-Trump conspiracy BS cramming up my "for you" when I don't switch to following quickly.

yeah, it's a bin fire...but the alternatives are no good so you just have to keep at it.

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Just another nasty Tory policy to put in place to lumber Labour with - they will do more and more things like this that will force Labour to reverse them and spend money or accept them and become a bit more Tory themselves.

these kids just need to pull themselves together. Get over it. Man up. etc.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

these kids just need to pull themselves together. Get over it. Man up. etc.

Man up, sit down
Chin up, pipe down
Socks up, don't cry
Drink up, just lie
Grow some balls, he said
Grow some balls
Man up, sit down
Chin up, pipe down
Socks up, don't cry
Drink up, don't whine
Grow some balls, he said
Grow some balls

The mask of masculinity

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

A vote for the senate is very different to a vote for a single man in the Presidential elections.................... and several of my US friends say that. There is something about tRump that just makes people turn pout to vote whereas for the other elections they are not bothered.
I have had some eye opening discussions with folks from the States as to why and how people there vote.

Also... Biden's age. He is not only old, he looks and acts old.  It was all supposed to be set up for Kamala Harris, but for some reason that hasn't worked out.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Also... Biden's age. He is not only old, he looks and acts old.  It was all supposed to be set up for Kamala Harris, but for some reason that hasn't worked out.

Again from my US friends - much of the electorate just will not vote for a women regardless of party. Even women will not vote for a women which is why Hilary Clinton lost as loads stayed at home rather than vote for her. They had friends who were Democrats who refused to vote for Hilary simply because she was female!!!

Bonkers gone mad

20 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Again from my US friends - much of the electorate just will not vote for a women regardless of party. Even women will not vote for a women which is why Hilary Clinton lost as loads stayed at home rather than vote for her. They had friends who were Democrats who refused to vote for Hilary simply because she was female!!!

Bonkers gone mad

same with harris but race not gender.