news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Again from my US friends - much of the electorate just will not vote for a women regardless of party. Even women will not vote for a women which is why Hilary Clinton lost as loads stayed at home rather than vote for her. They had friends who were Democrats who refused to vote for Hilary simply because she was female!!!

Bonkers gone mad

I thought Hillary Clinton got more votes overall but their distribution in each state meant Trump won the electoral college. I think Karmala Harris is perceived as too left for centrist voters.

4 minutes ago, lazyred said:

I think Karmala Harris is perceived as too left for centrist voters.

She's also got the nickname "Kamala the cop" amongst left-wing democrats. There's a lot of resentment about her involvement in prosecuting and enforcing the war on drugs - particularly with how it targeted black communities. I can't see her ever being a viable presidential candidate.

1 hour ago, lazyred said:

I thought Hillary Clinton got more votes overall but their distribution in each state meant Trump won the electoral college. I think Karmala Harris is perceived as too left for centrist voters.

too female and too black  for the  bigoted voters.

14 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I had so much clever stuff to say (and tweets to copy and paste) but I've totally forgotten now.

I had decided to start trolling Barry yesterday. The impetus has gone now.

Edit: Just decided I am going to start trolling Khaosmark as he seems to have an aversion to people using supermarket online deliveries. Apparently they are middle class and he hates the middle class 😉

Also down votes. I think I will be using these more as you all seem obsessed with your ratings.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I had decided to start trolling Barry yesterday. The impetus has gone now.

Edit: Just decided I am going to start trolling Khaosmark as he seems to have an aversion to people using supermarket online deliveries. Apparently they are middle class and he hates the middle class 😉

Also down votes. I think I will be using these more as you all seem obsessed with your ratings.

I use supermarket online deliveries. Does that mean I've finally climbed the greasy pole to middle class life? 

17 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Unfortunately yes on the Khaosmark Class Ladder *tm*.

Cool, can I have all the other trappings of middle class life too then please?

21 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I pick the damn things … where does that leave me ?!! 

Well I didn't want to have to be the one to break this to you, but...

13 hours ago, lazyred said:

All I know is that lots stayed at home because she was female. One of my US friends worked on the New York State campaign team for the Democratic Party so I trust what she says. She got around 15 million less votes than Biden did in 2020.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

I use supermarket online deliveries.

i've never done that - if i ever live on my own i'll have to rely on  it as i don't think i'd be able to face a supermarket - or carry the shopping home.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

All I know is that lots stayed at home because she was female. One of my US friends worked on the New York State campaign team for the Democratic Party so I trust what she says. She got around 15 million less votes than Biden did in 2020.

there's a "won't vote for a woman" thing in the uk too - the tories were worried that thatcher might suffer from it, and labour still haven't had a woman leader.

2 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

If you are on about the spy the police are certainly dragging their heels on this. They have had over 6 months to charge him. Maybe the press coverage will force their hand.

the old bill being sh*t, who'd av thought it?

7 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I thought it strange he has been on bail so long. I thought the limit was 3 months without magistrates order. Must be a national security thing.

must be the govt wanting to keep it quiet. 😛 

• Upvote 1