news & politics:discussion

zahidf

37 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

For anyone with a spare hour there is a very good interview with Rory Stewart on Novara Media. A good discussion between 2 people with opposing political views, both listening and respecting the other, without shouting over each other.

There was a bit of a hoo-ha with his comments about Corbyn.

Edited by steviewevie

Haha they are panicking. They can’t handle Starmer being statesmen-like on the international stage and going about putting plans in place to deal with issues they created. Starmer knows what he’s doing.

20 minutes ago, Neil said:

dont think he can do very much, 

No he probably can’t but it’s a good sign that the EU at this stage are so receptive to him. Trust in the process, he knows what he’s doing. 

13 hours ago, Neil said:

i cant remember what the issue was (at odds with green values) but it was quite widely reported.

All I can guess is that she is part of the fashion industry and that industry is not green but if you read the press statement that goes with the donation that is all covered.

So the money is more realisation of the harm she has done and is prepared to change and put her money where her mouth is - so not dodgy at all.

13 hours ago, Skip997 said:

As I keep saying...

skills used in the oil and gas industry are very transferable to the renewables industry

Lots of people, like you and me, say this - cos it is true - but the parties who will make up power seem blind to it as do many of their loyal supporters.

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So why won't Labour commit to cancelling all Oil and Gas licenses issued under the Tories now? They can say all they want but unless actions happen words are empty

don't think that has anything to do with unions, although might be part of decision...probably more due to legal/financial reasons.