news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

how long left of this govt shambles .? ... think I can stay up till 9 .... would be very interested in protest but absolutely couldnt lose my job 

you don't have to do the illegal stuff.

I'm sure there will be plenty of protests in Manchester when tory conference is on. Might go up there and glue myself to a road or slap a copper or whatever you're supposed to do. Or I might just stand to the side and take some pictures.

Just now, steviewevie said:

you don't have to do the illegal stuff.

I'm sure there will be plenty of protests in Manchester when tory conference is on. Might go up there and glue myself to a road or slap a copper or whatever you're supposed to do. Or I might just stand to the side and take some pictures.

Glue is illegal these days isn't it ? so is shouting ? holding banners also out ? 

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

There might be a drop, I’m bust worried about it rising again or hovering at like 4/5 percent for ages which is also bad.

I agree it’s probs one more rate rise for now then pause. Unless there’s a gigantic recession, rates should not go below 4% and even then they’d be caught between a rock and a hard place cause inflation is still very prevalent. 

5 year bond rates are easy to find at between 5 and 6% - the markets are sure rates will stay high for quite some time

Reading back comments and thoughts from the last few days - It is 'funny' how many have thoughts and make comments that are really close to what many Tory MP's have been saying and yet the people making those comments profess to be supporters of other parties with very different views.

I don't wear a mask on here......................... some do.

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Chatter galore from protest groups about large scale protests including disruptive behaviour.

Super glue is on offer at our local store too. Best I stock up.

Good

But they need to stop discussing on social media and go back to face to face meetings and word of mouth.

6 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Good

But they need to stop discussing on social media and go back to face to face meetings and word of mouth.

This is not on social - it is in the background out of sight.................... except for people who know where to look.

Meetings are being arranged so details will be face to face etc

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

This is not on social - it is in the background out of sight.................... except for people who know where to look.

Meetings are being arranged so details will be face to face etc

Excellent about time

Except those who don't know where to look can't get involved

Edited by Skip997

12 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Excellent about time

Except those who don't know where to look can't get involved

New of bigger protests will come out and be public. News of the other type of protest will be kept quiet for obvious reasons.

The Tory Party Conference is from 1st to 4th October in Manchester this year.................. just some random information that is available on all public portals.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

New of bigger protests will come out and be public. News of the other type of protest will be kept quiet for obvious reasons.

The Tory Party Conference is from 1st to 4th October in Manchester this year.................. just some random information that is available on all public portals.

People's Assembly are planning a big one with various unions, Just Stop Oil, Stop The War. Should be fun. Might wear my Starmer tshirt.