news & politics:discussion

zahidf

But remember guys we don’t have to do anything because of ‘China’. That reasoning was conveniently used by the Tory PM today and was used last week in this thread. I for one am shocked. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

But remember guys we don’t have to do anything because of ‘China’. That reasoning was conveniently used by the Tory PM today and was used last week in this thread. I for one am shocked. 

Already pointed out it was a copy of Blair's New Statesman article. Keep up!

Edited by lost

51 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

A great myth that has been deliberately been put out there.

In the long term the cost of implementing green policies and mitigating against climate change will cost a lot less than business as usual.

Shhhhhhh the powers that be don't want us to know that.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

you going to keep referring to that Blair new statesman interview forever?

Just thought it was interesting this has happen after that article. Made alot of the points Blair made (China) As Kurosagi pointed out its a battle for the centre ground and you can't really blame Rishi can you? Blair was very good at it. Won three elections.

Edited by lost

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

Just seen the mogg on TV praising rishi

like he used to praise Johnson, and then Truss.

But I guess he liked Johnson for the brexit thing, and liked Truss for the low tax thing, and now likes Sunak for f**k the climate thing (although maybe liked him for the f**k the lockdown thing previously).

33 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

serious question who's  helping deliver leaflets or helping elsewhere? seriously think we should all help in some way ... we all sit on this thread and whinge ... time we all made some difference isn't it ? 

I am all too active already on media and real world - and it is soul destroying

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

I am all too active already on media and real world - and it is soul destroying

im helping leaflet drop for the lib dems possibly mentioned it before you joined us .... but serious point intended that we can actually all make some difference .... 11 people reading this now ... christ knows how many read and not post ... my workplace is my initial contact with 350 odd employees and that is damn hard 

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

As I said, the Brits can be so petty minded that that policy alone is likely to result in reelection.

Add  a tax cut that has been shown to average a 5% swing in 'the middle' voters.

The large lady is still in bed sleeping and Labour need to realise that.

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

im helping leaflet drop for the lib dems possibly mentioned it before you joined us .... but serious point intended that we can actually all make some difference .... 11 people reading this now ... christ knows how many read and not post ... my workplace is my initial contact with 350 odd employees and that is damn hard 

I like tweets by Sir Keir Starmer.

Doing my bit.

In other news...... the mentality we are up against is alive and well in Wales!

Members of the Welsh parliament have received "abusive and threatening messages" over the controversial 20mph speed limit rollout.

Speaking in the Senedd on Wednesday, the presiding officer Elin Jones said she was one of several members who had received such messages on social media, email and telephone "due to their stance on this topic".

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

We have 5 bins - not sure what the other 2 were meant to be for.............. it is so easy to use them and really is no hassle for time or space and we live in a flat.

He was talking rubbish (hehe) it was never policy or even mentioned as one.