news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Does Sunak and his PR team, in scrapping all these things they know will anger protest groups, have a plan in place to connect Labour to the groups once they all start their more disruptive protests again?

Insulate Britain will now start up again.

It seems to me that Sunak and co want protests up and running as they see that as something they can use in the election campaign.

13 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Does Sunak and his PR team, in scrapping all these things they know will anger protest groups, have a plan in place to connect Labour to the groups once they all start their more disruptive protests again?

It seems to me that Sunak and co want protests up and running as they see that as something they can use in the election campaign.

It's long term thinking

49 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Don't get me wrong, it is a policy that when New Zealand bought it in I immediately said we needed (and I was a smoker for 21 years).......................

It is just the double standards of a man that says he does not want to tell people what to do re climate change and then wants to tell people what to do re smoking and has told people what to do re protestiing....................... but then he is a politician and they have different standards to a mere moral like me.

Maybe he’s creating another rule that he can cancel in a few months time?

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

He has a PR team? He is about to announce the cancellation of HS2 to Manchester just as he is having a conference there. You can't make this sh*t up.

3 hours ago, cellar said:

As a smoker I would be in favour of this. It's a disgusting habit and one I wish I didn't have

25+ weeks in hospital can cure a lifetime of smoking, i can also say the patches work, if the patch fell off i'd notice cravings

20 hours ago, cellar said:

Maybe a lot of that "don't know" is to do with general disillusionment. So yeah, there is the angle of "playing to win," but it will inevitably turn some others away. I didn't think that was a significant number, but maybe its bigger than we think.

They wouldn't have done the net zero target scrapping thing if their focus groups and polling hadn't indicated it was a vote winner. 

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Or Rishi Sunak is just very bad at politics and putting measures in place that benefit his family business.

I said ages ago that the Tories will spend a year putting the nastiest of nasty Tory policies in place so:

1) It forces Labour to keep them and thus become more 'right'
or
2) It forces Labour to scrap them and be accused of hating the rich and being bad with the economy as it costs the tax payers money

Win win for the Tories..................

or a triple win as they put all the vile policies in place and win the election.................. then they know they can pretty much do anything they want.