news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve seen talk on X that Sunak will have a Cabinet meeting this week to discuss and vote on having an early general election on November 23rd. 

Just typed in ‘November 23rd election’ on twitter and it’s just a load of people that look like ozanne saying it with absolutely no basis whatsoever 😂😂😂 made up nonsense.

13 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Bit bold to claim inflation will be 2 percent by next summer. Highly doubt it. People continually underestimating inflation and downplaying it is part of the problem . boe should be raising IRs more to get it to 2 percent pronto. We are all getting poorer with high inflation , something ozanne totally ignores when he’s crying about IRs 

Try reading again as I never said inflation would be 2% by next summer.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve seen talk on X that Sunak will have a Cabinet meeting this week to discuss and vote on having an early general election on November 23rd. 

Nobody is ever going to set a date for an election nearly 14 months in advance.

but then if it says so on the interweb it must be true!

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Nobody is ever going to set a date for an election nearly 14 months in advance.

but then if it says so on the interweb it must be true!

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I think he means this year.

I think I need to go back to bed LOL

How did that obvious thing wash over my head.

Still no way that will happen though - inless they are going to give every voter £10,000 as  abribe

57 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Still no way that will happen though - inless they are going to give every voter £10,000 as  abribe

I mean, it isn't impossible...apparently many tories are unhappy about net zero and HS2 policy changes, and there really isn't a mandate for this, pretty much all the main stuff in 2019 manifesto has gone. So, they could call an early election, call labour's bluff and accuse them of splashing out with cash we don't have on nonsense like net zero and levelling up.

But they won't unless polls suddenly change.

52 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Our wonderful home sec to make a speech in US about how UN refugee convention should not protect gay people and women from discrimination. They need to go, vote to remove tories on Nov 23rd.

So fleeing Uganda where you can now receive the death penalty for as little as 'inviting gay people into your home' is not OK and she would send them back!!!!

What a vile vile vile woman.

42 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So fleeing Uganda where you can now receive the death penalty for as little as 'inviting gay people into your home' is not OK and she would send them back!!!!

what a tory!

43 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

of the current cabinet she's probably the worst ... and that's saying something 

dunno who's doing it is -  i'm liking the govt today, cos its pumping me huge amounts of free money - it can have the money back if i can have my leg and arm back. didn't think benefits paid this well anymore.

Edited by Neil

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

of the current cabinet she's probably the worst ... and that's saying something 

I used to think Priti was the baddest bitch in government but Cruella makes Priti look like Mary Poppins! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I used to think Priti was the baddest bitch in government but Cruella makes Priti look like Mary Poppins! 

do you remember when there was a preeti love-in with lots of peeps saying they quite fancied her?

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Ah the joys of when politics is turned into a 'who's hot and who's not' contest.

Appearance is irrelevant.

Policy, attitude and ability are far more important.

Obviously. We can have a bit of a laugh some times.