news & politics:discussion

zahidf

34 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah unfortunately it’s always the same and people are hypocrites. A couple people here think they rule the roost due to their obsessive posting over the last few years. It’s made the place very samey and new people entering never seem to last long cause of them. 

Very few are ever willing to change on anything and I think my comment before this in reply on another matter sums it all up.

Blinkered, blind and unwilling to ever think of change as it is a waste of time.

I am glad I am not young as I will not be around to see the mess humanity is making.

8 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So if I care about climate change I have to vote for parties happy to have new, massive new, oil and gas production.

Sorry but that is utter bollocks.

It is contrary to all logic.

The point is that none of them are willing to do what is needed and all are happy for new oil and gas - what is the point of voting for that?

Let's all do the same and hope for  a different outcome - or as you say, let's go round and round and hope for a different outcome.

Signs of madness galore.

It's not really madness is it.

Surely you understand that you need a massive sea-change of votes switching to Green.  If they don't (which is unlikely, but you won't know until after) then you've just wasted your vote and contributed to another term of the Tories. 

10 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So if I care about climate change I have to vote for parties happy to have new, massive new, oil and gas production.

Sorry but that is utter bollocks.

It is contrary to all logic.

The point is that none of them are willing to do what is needed and all are happy for new oil and gas - what is the point of voting for that?

Let's all do the same and hope for  a different outcome - or as you say, let's go round and round and hope for a different outcome.

Signs of madness galore.

Do what you like... whatever...vote green...it is still going to be labour or Tory.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

It's not really madness is it.

Surely you understand that you need a massive sea-change of votes switching to Green.  If they don't (which is unlikely, but you won't know until after) then you've just wasted your vote and contributed to another term of the Tories. 

So I discard any morals and policies desires to simply vote for a party that might beat the Tories who openly do not support what I believe in and back policies made by the current Tories.

Wow

Yeh, that will show them all.

Sleep walk to a closed 2 party system where, at some point, a radical nutter brigade will take over one of those parties....... just like in the USA.

Seems really sensible to see what is happening there and to allow us to be next.

I shall die knowing I backed my morals and ethics and did not just ignore.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Do what you like... whatever...vote green...it is still going to be labour or Tory.

I shall do what I like, and that includes carrying on fighting against sexism in all it's disguises............................ and some were on display here yesterday................ but it was all 'just a bit of fun'.

Troll away..................... enjoy your childish fun on here.

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So I discard any morals and policies desires to simply vote for a party that might beat the Tories who openly do not support what I believe in and back policies made by the current Tories.

Wow

Yeh, that will show them all.

Sleep walk to a closed 2 party system where, at some point, a radical nutter brigade will take over one of those parties....... just like in the USA.

Seems really sensible to see what is happening there and to allow us to be next.

I shall die knowing I backed my morals and ethics and did not just ignore.

You are free to put your vote wherever you like. 

Assuming you make it to the next election and haven't given yourself a heart attack by then. 

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

You are free to put your vote wherever you like. 

Assuming you make it to the next election and haven't given yourself a heart attack by then. 

If fighting for the future gives me a heart attack at least I know I fought and did not hope the next worst might be slightly better.

At least I fight with all I have , heart, mind and body....................... too many just give up or have never bothered to even try.

If I die trying...................................... well at least I tried.

380053756_10230348329868064_4588969966752618145_n.jpg

5 minutes ago, lost said:

The SNP broke through in Scotland. That's not to say the greens would but shows it can be done under FPTP

well yeah...and Labour did in UK.

And maybe one day it will happen for Greens.

But it certainly isn't happening before next election, and if you care about net zero and climate change then next election is kind of important (although they're all the same so it doesn't matter etc etc forever)

Edited by steviewevie

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

and if you care about net zero and climate change then next election kind of important (although they're all the same so it doesn't matter etc etc forever)

Neither of the main parties care about net zero (which isn't enough and lots of it is a scam anyway) or climate change. It's all "hot air" (pun intended).

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Very few are ever willing to change on anything and I think my comment before this in reply on another matter sums it all up.

Blinkered, blind and unwilling to ever think of change as it is a waste of time.

I am glad I am not young as I will not be around to see the mess humanity is making.

FYI - The person you are responding to there has chased a poster off this forum through his constant hounding, check out Festival Jamie. Just thought you should know a bit of the history with him and this forum.

Also mods have said we shouldn’t call people ‘trolls’ btw, it has angered some people before. 

Ffs guys seriously is it impossible for sometimes people to agree to disagree and step back .this thread is absolutely nuts and the reports at times the same . I’m seriously tempted to lock the thread tbh I’m bored with moderating this bollocks when you are all squabbling like 5 year olds . If I used the forum rules I doubt very many of you would remain … and that’s on both sides of the discussion . If anyone has evidence that someone is trolling then please report it but trolling isn’t someone having a difference of opinion or different sense of humour . In simple language please respect other posters . We had this thread and discussion fully on topic for nearly a week . It’s actually quite easy to be nice to people with shared interests of music and Glastonbury. 

• Downvote 1