news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

By keeping  anew oil and gas license that will add 200 tonnes of CO2 - forgive me if I do not believe you.

The Tories are putting those in place, direct your anger at them Sir. Labour will block any new oil and gas contracts on route to getting the U.K. to being a clean energy superpower. 

15 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Neither of the main parties care about net zero (which isn't enough and lots of it is a scam anyway) or climate change. It's all "hot air" (pun intended).

I know you will understand this - but sadly most will not.......................

If people like me who vote Green switch and vote tactically and vote for the 2nd party to 'make sure the Tories' don't win then the Green vote % will fall lots - and all the main parties watch the votes of smaller parties and adjust policy accordingly (see UKIP and the Brexit referendum for proof) - so if the green vote falls................. Green policies get dropped.

It has never been more important to vote for what you really want if you want  a Green future as a tactical vote to try and remove one party leaves the floor wide open for others to ignore your real chosen parties ethics.

Just now, Ozanne said:

The Tories are putting those in place, direct your anger at them Sir. Labour will block any new oil and gas contracts on route to getting the U.K. to being a clean energy superpower. 

Blocking isn’t good enough this is the point . We need to revoke that licence or we won’t meet the target . Anger should be directed at both Labour and the Tory’s 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So I cannot be angry that within 5 minutes of today's new license Starmer said he would keep it................... so the Tories now issue 100 new ones before the election and Starmer keeps them all.

That makes him every bit as bad as those who issued them and that is why I am also angry with Labour and the Lib Dems who refused to even comment.

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Labour cares about Net Zero, it’s why they’ll make the UK a clean energy superpower by 2030. 

I find it hard to believe you’re a real person. If I hadn’t seen you with my own eyes at glasto I’d be convinced you were a bot.

It’s like if you asked AI to create an account for efests and post like the biggest incel in the world for several years 😂

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Blocking isn’t good enough this is the point . We need to revoke that licence or we won’t meet the target . Anger should be directed at both Labour and the Tory’s 

Direct your anger at the Tories, they are the ones doing this. Labour have the policies for climate change but people seemingly want to tar both parties with the same brush which in a way lets the Tories off a little bit. 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Ffs guys seriously is it impossible for sometimes people to agree to disagree and step back .this thread is absolutely nuts and the reports at times the same . I’m seriously tempted to lock the thread tbh I’m bored with moderating this bollocks when you are all squabbling like 5 year olds . If I used the forum rules I doubt very many of you would remain … and that’s on both sides of the discussion . If anyone has evidence that someone is trolling then please report it but trolling isn’t someone having a difference of opinion or different sense of humour . In simple language please respect other posters . We had this thread and discussion fully on topic for nearly a week . It’s actually quite easy to be nice to people with shared interests of music and Glastonbury. 

Stevie and ozanne objectively troll the thread and people are quite rightfully calling them out on it. Stevie even apologised earlier. People aren’t allowed to call out misogyny?

• Upvote 2

So I cannot be angry that within 5 minutes of today's new license Starmer said he would keep it................... so the Tories now issue 100 new ones before the election and Starmer keeps them all.

That makes him every bit as bad as those who issued them and that is why I am also angry with Labour and the Lib Dems who refused to even comment.

The Tories are putting them in place, be angry at them. It’s the Tories plan, put as many measures in place so people demand Labour revoke or repeal and spend their entire doing that. Nothing gets sorted and the public votes them out.

The best for Labour to do is carry on with their policy agenda and make the country better. 

22 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

FYI - The person you are responding to there has chased a poster off this forum through his constant hounding, check out Festival Jamie. Just thought you should know a bit of the history with him and this forum.

Also mods have said we shouldn’t call people ‘trolls’ btw, it has angered some people before. 

The guy who was so scared of covid he was moaning about  people going outside when he was on a plane to Germany in summer 2020… haha that guy? Stand by that lol, what a clown he was!

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Stevie and ozanne objectively troll the thread and people are quite rightfully calling them out on it. Stevie even apologised earlier. People aren’t allowed to call out misogyny?

Please give me your definition of trolling ? I made no mention of misogyny in my post 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Spot on. Yesterday was utterly disgusting on here and has no place here or anywhere.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Please give me your definition of trolling ? I made no mention of misogyny in my post 

I didn’t mean you regarding the misogyny. I’m not the only one who has called this out, it was clear to see yesterday. 

Also the trolling is blatantly  obvious, if you really want me to quote it word for word I’ll do so after I’m done work 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

When I, and others, posted to say we found what was being said was out of order - called it bigoted, sexist, mysganistic anything you want some posters responded with what can only be described as posts designed to anger more, making fun of the comments etc. That is, in my book, trolling.

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

When I, and others, posted to say we found what was being said was out of order - called it bigoted, sexist, mysganistic anything you want some posters responded with what can only be described as posts designed to anger more, making fun of the comments etc. That is, in my book, trolling.

I genuinely wasn’t trolling when I said that, I was surprised to see your response so just said we were posting having some fun; being lighthearted was probably the better term. I genuinely didn’t mean to anger you and I’m sorry if I did. 

Edited by Ozanne

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The Tories are putting them in place, be angry at them. It’s the Tories plan, put as many measures in place so people demand Labour revoke or repeal and spend their entire doing that. Nothing gets sorted and the public votes them out.

The best for Labour to do is carry on with their policy agenda and make the country better. 

How can Labour achieve their policy agenda by leaving all the licenses in place?

Simple maths of CO2 emissions will show that would be impossible.

and I repeat............... am I not allowed to be angry at Labour for not saying they will revoke the license................. or do I have to just accept whatever they do in the hope of a 'Utopia By 2030'?

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I genuinely wasn’t trolling when I said that, I was surprised to see your response so just said we were posting having some fun; being lighthearted was probably the better term. I genuinely didn’t mean to anger you and I’m sorry if I did. 

Thank you - that is appreciated. It is not just me though, what about others who read this forum, who pop on now and again.........  seeing things like that is deeply upsetting for some who have had bad experiences in the real world.

My comment was not just aimed at that one post from yesterday - others made other posts after as well but I have now got them on 'ignore' for a while as I am sick of their 'thing that I cannot call by it's name even though it is just that'...................

How can Labour achieve their policy agenda by leaving all the licenses in place?

Simple maths of CO2 emissions will show that would be impossible.

and I repeat............... am I not allowed to be angry at Labour for not saying they will revoke the license................. or do I have to just accept whatever they do in the hope of a 'Utopia By 2030'?

They’ll achieve it by all the measures outlined in their policy documents, Labour shouldn’t be expected to repeal everything the Tories do that we don’t like. There is only a finite time available.

You are allowed to feel any emotion you want too but I would suggest directing you anger more at the people that are creating the mess in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Direct your anger at the Tories, they are the ones doing this. Labour have the policies for climate change but people seemingly want to tar both parties with the same brush which in a way lets the Tories off a little bit. 

I'm a labour voter and love Sir Keir as much as the next guy but he should have strongly condemned this decision today and pledged to reverse it when they get in power. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

They’ll achieve it by all the measures outlined in their policy documents, Labour shouldn’t be expected to repeal everything the Tories do that we don’t like. There is only a finite time available.

You are allowed to feel any emotion you want too but I would suggest directing you anger more at the people that are creating the mess in the first place. 

and in those 6 words is a the problem.

I have read the Labour policy document on climate change - the long PDF published earlier this year - and in that they use CO2 emission numbers based on 2021.

The numbers after just this one new oil and gas field comes on line will add heaps to the CO2 emissions - and thus their policies will not be able to achieve what they set lout to. They have detailed the CO2 reductions and how they will get there. Starting from a higher number means their policies will fail to get there. That is simple maths and that is why I am angry with them for not saying they will revoke the license.

It also means any faith I may have had left in them making their targets has evaporated and it does not matter what you say on here that will not change but I do admire your unwavering faith in them.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Thank you - that is appreciated. It is not just me though, what about others who read this forum, who pop on now and again.........  seeing things like that is deeply upsetting for some who have had bad experiences in the real world.

My comment was not just aimed at that one post from yesterday - others made other posts after as well but I have now got them on 'ignore' for a while as I am sick of their 'thing that I cannot call by it's name even though it is just that'...................

Genuinely it was just lightheartedness in a thread that is always very serious and angsty all of the time. I didn’t think anything of it at the time and thought it would move on.

I think looking back one of my posts could’ve added to your overall feelings so again I apologise but I never set-out to make you angry or to purposely troll you at that time.

In other news - Morrissons is cutting the price of 'must have' plastic crap for people to buy for Xmas................ just what the world needs, more plastic crap.

More than 50 products will have their prices slashed, with savings of up to £60 available to customers. 

One of the toys predicted to be a top seller is Barbie, and Morrisons is offering shoppers discounts on a range of the brand's products, including: 

• Dream Camper Playset for £60 - down from £140
  • Barbie Best Friend Fairy for £15 - down from £30
  • Barbie Pet Supply Playset for £25 - down from £37.50

Cocomelon, Hot Wheels, Lego and Pokemon products are included in the sale as well. 

"We're excited to offer our customers 50% off a range of must-have toys," said David Catton, toy buyer at Morrisons. 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I didn’t think anything of it at the time and thought it would move on.

That's what Dan Wooton said! 😁

(sorry... getting my coat)