news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Thanks for the fun - and I would say thanks for the debate but that is lacking here all too often.

I am a Green supporter and voter and have been since the 1990's. I would love it if I could vote for one pf the main parties but their policies do not reflect my views, in fact many are totally opposite to my views so I see no point in changing.

No election result will ever be my fault or the fault of a a few who stay true to themselves.

Tactical voting makes no difference, more so where I live in a new constituency.

There are people here who warned me early on about the debate and how some would act - I wish they were not right, but they were.

Soon a banned poster will return (probably) and this place will go to utter crap really fast so now is as good a time as any to give it a  miss again.

Enjoy your banter, your 'trolling', your sexism, your inability to read what is in front of you and your ability to annoy people who are on the same side of the debate as you are. Good work people, good work.

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The other poster used blackmail - if I do not vote tactically then the Tories winning is my fault.

I will vote green and I will be happy.

and if you want to know what really is patronising - it is the pretence on the internet that you are more than you are - and f**k me there is lots of that on here.

Nobody bothered to respond to the why would I vote for parties whose policies are the opposite of what I want - likely because that is far to hard when insults and accusations are far easier - if all of this is the version of a democratic system you lot want then have fun lives where nothing will ever change.

ok well you've made me think , the green policys I align more closely with , then probably Lib Dem , then Labour , Tory at the bottom of the pile . We have a Tory MP with the Lib dems in second here and Labour 3rd and Greens somewhat distant . I don't think I could take another 4 years of the Tory party tbh and have actively signed up to help the Lib dems , along with Climate  there's other reasons we  need to get the Torys out don't we ? 

19 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Anyway, I can vote for who I want and if I do I have not elected a Tory government

FPTP is just the same as with a PR system, - we all play our part in the outcome.

11 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Thanks for the fun - and I would say thanks for the debate but that is lacking here all too often.

I am a Green supporter and voter and have been since the 1990's. I would love it if I could vote for one pf the main parties but their policies do not reflect my views, in fact many are totally opposite to my views so I see no point in changing.

No election result will ever be my fault or the fault of a a few who stay true to themselves.

Tactical voting makes no difference, more so where I live in a new constituency.

There are people here who warned me early on about the debate and how some would act - I wish they were not right, but they were.

Soon a banned poster will return (probably) and this place will go to utter crap really fast so now is as good a time as any to give it a  miss again.

Enjoy your banter, your 'trolling', your sexism, your inability to read what is in front of you and your ability to annoy people who are on the same side of the debate as you are. Good work people, good work.

yeah, ok, lovely. The point is with fptp smaller parties don't stand a chance. But I do get your point that they can steer things like UKIP did, and some times they can actually become bigger parties like Greens in parts of europe....and again...whatever..vote Green, stick with your principles. I don't have any so what do I know.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I absolutely guarantee that you would vote Labour as on here before you have said just that - you would vote Labour regardless.

Anyway, I can vote for who I want and if I do I have not elected a Tory government. It is impossible for one person in one constituancy to do that..................

and like always, when I ask difficulty questions of you, you ignore those parts.......................... why would I ever vote for parties whose policies are the opposite of my desires?

and as for saying because I choose to vote Green I am not allowed to say anything about how others vote - get real, grow up and please stop being pathetic. You actually do more harm to undecided voters with that sort of language.

I really cannot be bothered when people try and blackmail and blame 'you' for an election result just because you do not vote they way they want you to - how is that democracy?

Goodnight

I would vote tactically if needed, luckily I currently live an area where Labour is the challenger to the Tories.

I don’t know why you claim people ignore your posts but for clarity in FPTP you can’t vote for the party that best aligns with your values. You should vote for the party that can realistically give you the result closest to your aims. Therefore because of our voting system you are essentially enabling the Tories if you don’t vote tactically to get them out. It isn’t really democratic but that’s the system we have.

You can tell people to grow up all you like but that’s unfortunately the reality in this country. 

Edited by Ozanne

some asked a whule back if the uk was especially bad at big  INFRASTRUCTURE, 

a professor on radio 4 just now said not but the  the govt ALWAYS ROBS THE MONEY AND PAUSES THE PRJECT ABND MAKES IT COST MORE.

Sunak is going to be forced to offer tax cuts. Only place he can get the money for that is by cancelling HS2.(that feels like my early days working with computers with operating systems os2 and as/2).

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

The Conservative Party conference 2023

Enough people there to give some interesting political insight on the radio. Gove Is saying there should be tax cuts on work, which isn't what's being trailed for the end of inheritance tax. 

Indonesia can do high speed rail, how come? Perhaps they don't have a green patty who let's the perfect become the enemy of the good.

Edited by Neil

39 minutes ago, Neil said:

Indonesia canndonjigh speed rail, how come. Perhaps they don't have a green patty who let's the perfect become the enemy of the good.

its much faster than our high speed rail.

6 hours ago, Neil said:

When the election is announced, we e should collaborate on a list of reasons to vote Tory. It won't take us Very long.

Saving my most precious possessions - my boiler and fossil fuel firm profits. 

Edited by Ozanne