news & politics:discussion

zahidf

49 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The 15 min city stuff is SO stupid. Why is having things close a bad thing?

in the south east most people travel a distance for their job, usually chasing a higher salary.

Why is Liz Truss pushing the housebuilding thing. Its a popular idea cos we need more houses but its also the easy way to growth. Those houses will need mortgages when they sell, and that's  extra newly created money then being spent in the economy.ots a smoke and mirrors way to growth,  phantom growth.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

A lot of love for Farage at conference. Future Tory PM?

Even the kippers think he's a charlatan now, him as leader would be tories committing to lose elections. Remember how many times farage has failed to get elected.

I decided to go hang out at the new coffee shop down the road to feed my cake addiction. Got myself dressed and outside and to the cafe to find it shut. Very annoying. Was looking forward to the Cake.

32 minutes ago, Neil said:

I decided to go hang out at the new coffee shop down the road to feed my cake addiction. Got myself dressed and outside and to the cafe to find it shut. Very annoying. Was looking forward to the Cake.

What type of cake would you have chosen!?

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

What type of cake would you have chosen!?

normally i have a piece of each cake they have - they don't call me  cakeboy for nuffin.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

wouldn't happen under a Labour government.

just googled them and see they only open Thurs - Sun

they'd open more day after tory tax cuts!