news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

wow, yes they have. That will give Labour a big boost about their chances in Scotland (although mustn't get complacent etc etc).

Wow, that’s incredible!

Most of the nhs dentists came from abroad as far as I’m aware over the last decade probably longer I’ve had Scandinavian and South African dentists so don’t think Labour will be recruiting them from this country initially anyway , needs to be a longer term plan to train them ? Along with carers and nhs staff …. Wonder where we could get these people from ? 

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Most of the nhs dentists came from abroad as far as I’m aware over the last decade probably longer I’ve had Scandinavian and South African dentists so don’t think Labour will be recruiting them from this country initially anyway , needs to be a longer term plan to train them ? Along with carers and nhs staff …. Wonder where we could get these people from ? 

A lot are Indian and are of a better standard than the NHS ones that are left, no wonder people go there for treatment at a fraction of the cost too! 

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

apparently they're targeting getting 4 seats.

that would be no surge merely the seats they've been close to winning for years.

37 minutes ago, Neil said:

that would be no surge merely the seats they've been close to winning for years.

yeah, a large surge isn't going to happen. 4 seats would be a very good result. What they could do is take enough of a percentage of votes in seats that it forces Labour to adopt more green policies...although of course they could help Labour/Lib Dem lose seats in key marginals and help the tories win. In the end they don't have enough money, and not wide enough support...I mean who knows that they're conference is on at the moment, let alone who their leaders are or any of their national policies?

Edited by steviewevie

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

let alone who their leaders are or any of their national policies?

Does the average voter know the policies of the two major parties?

I don't. I guess the Tories don't have any and Labour have what were the Tory policies.

Just now, Skip997 said:

Does the average voter know the policies of the two major parties?

I don't. I guess the Tories don't have any and Labour have what were the Tory policies.

no, probably not...but they know roughly who and what they are...whereas I reckon 0.000001% know anything about the Green Party and they're probably hemp wearing pot smoking vegan munching efestival contributing tree huggers.

Although there is a lot of anti politician they're all the same vibe out there, and maybe that will help Green/Reform/Don'tKnow.