news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

all of them going to start going to state schools?...the poor little things...

a lot will, my folks sent one of my bruvs to private school (educational needs), and wouldn't have afforded it  if it cost more. affordability is a big part of the consideration for any parents, i would think.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

all of them going to start going to state schools?...the poor little things...

not all of them the govt will pick up the vat for a lot, cos a lot of boarders are from service families  who want their kids educated in the uk. also a lot  of export income from foreign nationals who send their kids to the uk for schooling.

am listening to radio 4, about to have "any questions" from Guildford - as that's prime public school area (stockbroker belt, big enough salary for school fees) - i reckon that'll come up as a topic. it'll be interesting to hear where  opinions are and how hostile people are.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

am listening to radio 4, about to have "any questions" from Guildford - as that's prime public school area (stockbroker belt, big enough salary for school fees) - i reckon that'll come up as a topic. it'll be interesting to hear where  opinions are and how hostile people are.

I work in that sector. Schools are already inquiring about parents paying their child's fees for their entire schooling in advance so no VAT is applicable. Also offering loans for them to do so.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Greens have been trying to win a Bristol seat trying to get the Bristol green vote which nearly won thankam debbonaire's seat. Can't really see that workings out for the greens it's been a target seat of theirs for decades already without success.

Edited by Neil

22 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I hope they get to their target and Labour are a few seats short of a majority 

labour can't afford the greens to f**k things up by forcing their hand, and the greens can't risk being the next libdems.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

labour can't afford the greens to f**k things up by forcing their hand, and the greens can't risk being the next libdems.

they've already said they will happily go into coalition with Labour , I don't think they will have any concerns what so ever about  being the next Lib dems 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

is going to be slightly different this though as the world warms they become more and more relevant 

Dont shoot the messanger! Try this for an alternative view about how Govts across Europe are backing away from the green agenda as the cost to the public becomes apparent.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12603697/ANDREW-NEIL-theres-growing-public-revolt-against-net-zero-forcing-politicians-Europe-renege-green-virtue-signalling.html

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

they've already said they will happily go into coalition with Labour , I don't think they will have any concerns what so ever about  being the next Lib dems 

its not the green's choice, labour have to accept the poison pill.

2 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Dont shoot the messanger! Try this for an alternative view about how Govts across Europe are backing away from the green agenda as the cost to the public becomes apparent.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12603697/ANDREW-NEIL-theres-growing-public-revolt-against-net-zero-forcing-politicians-Europe-renege-green-virtue-signalling.html

daily mail ? have you got something else ? link also includes Andrew Neil and the words virtue signalling 

Edited by Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

daily mail ? have you got something else ? link also includes Andrew Neil and the words virtue signalling 

who needs the daily mail, just go read the easyjet thread on these forums.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

daily mail ? have you got something else ? 

I knew that would be your response. The mail is sh*t but Andrew Neil is a serious journalist. This isn't about climate change denial it's about the mountimg costs of Net Zero and how the govts havent acknowleged them to the public.

I see the greens repeating the errors in the Brext referedum. Ignore the oppostion, suprise when voters don't vote their way, condemn the public as ignorant.

7 minutes ago, lazyred said:

The Greens won’t have much importance in Parliament even with the climate crises but that doesn’t mean that governments will veer away from the matter. The only ones that will are right wing parties that haven’t got any other ideas.

Luckily Labour have policies that will address the climate crisis in the UK or at least go a good way of addressing it. Equally Labour are stressing how their green policies will benefit people financially too.

Edited by Ozanne

Just now, Ozanne said:

The Greens won’t have much importance in Parliament even with the climate crises but that doesn’t mean that governments will veer away from the matter. The only ones that will are right wing parties that haven’t got any other ideas.

Luckily Labour have policies that will address the climate crisis in the UK or at least go a good way of addressing it. 

greens will say that labour policies don't go far enough, and insist on labour taking on expensive policies that can't be afforded or ones the public aren't behind.