news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

he used the protest or power line the last time there were big protests when he was making his speech (was it last year or year before?)...this isn't first time protesters have interrupted a speech so he's well rehearsed.

Fair enough, I could be wrong, the fact is it has been a massive boost for him, couldn't have been better if it was planned.

4 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Fair enough, I could be wrong, the fact is it has been a massive boost for him, couldn't have been better if it was planned.

interesting the torygraph talking positively about it and talking about the protester being far left whilst actually having no idea who he was  and even getting the cause wrong , full of sh*t and so full of sh*t they had a photo of me in an article yesterday 

25 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I disagree, he outlined his view on the country’s issues and have his vision for how to remedy them. He clearly separated how he would address the sticking plaster politics on a way that the Tories aren’t going to. He gave people a reason to hope, hope for an improved NHS, hope for an improved political system, hope for a greener country.

It’s a stark difference to the chaos ridden conference from the Tories and a stark difference to Sunak who barely said anything about the main issues facing people today and had no real policies to deal with them. 

Politicians use the ‘filler’ as you call it to tell a story with their speeches, to build the argument they and hook people in emotionally. It’s quite normal.

Face it he could have said he would kill the first born of everyone and you would say it was great and let out a bit if white wee wee. 😉 

I have been busy today but will certainly give it a listen. 

Was always going to be better than Sunaks, as you say they are in disarray 

8 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Face it he could have said he would kill the first born of everyone and you would say it was great and let out a bit if white wee wee. 😉 

I have been busy today but will certainly give it a listen. 

Was always going to be better than Sunaks, as you say they are in disarray 

That not accurate at all, I’m the first born so I would never agree to that at all 😉

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

she writes for spectator and is on tv sometimes talking about economic policy usually.

so it does seem like the tory press are coming onside ... I guess that's good for Starmer to get elected , but those with concerns about how tory the Labour Party have become maybe less pleased 

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

so it does seem like the tory press are coming onside ... I guess that's good for Starmer to get elected , but those with concerns about how tory the Labour Party have become maybe less pleased 

I can't stand Starmer or the current Labour party, but there were some good things said today, whether they can actually manage to implement many/any of this remains to be seen.

And they have to be better than the Tories.

I'll still be voting Green though.

Edited by Skip997

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

I can't stand Starmer or the current Labour party, but there were some good things said today, whether they can actually manage to implement many/any of this remains to be seen.

And they have to be better than the Tories.

I'll still be voting Green though.

Absolutely definately they will be better than the Tories . Just look at that conference of hate they put together last week . Just stomach churning bile . Let’s see where we go with Labour … if they get those waiting lists down significantly it will pretty much reach a large part of the electorate and maybe can be used to get a second term . 

Just now, steviewevie said:

Do they? This is one journalist who likes one policy.

I like some Tory policies, does that make me a Tory?

Seems to be changing to me …. Torygraph article earlier and this . They’ll all want to back a winner won’t they … murdoch met Blair on several occasions didn’t he ?