news & politics:discussion

zahidf

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

sometimes that lot were so f**king stupid. McDonnell (who I much prefer to Corbyn) saying that Churchill was a villain...I mean hello?!, you want to win over the public with that?

I don’t remember that quote but generally McDonnell is considered the better of the 2. I get what Corbyn was trying to do with the stance he took but it was so incredibly wrong, he never really recovered from it. 

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t remember that quote but generally McDonnell is considered the better of the 2. I get what Corbyn was trying to do with the stance he took but it was so incredibly wrong, he never really recovered from it. 

McDonnell is a lot cleverer than Corbyn, more pragmatic, a better communicator and I think overall a much better politician.

33 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

McDonnell is a lot cleverer than Corbyn, more pragmatic, a better communicator and I think overall a much better politician.

I think the only reason he didn’t run in 2015 was because he’d had a go before so Corbyn decided to do it. A funny case of what if…

20 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The Tory’s want Starmer to do/say things that will hurt labour and benefit them, that’s why Starmer doesn’t do/say these things.

This is exactly it, Starmer in general doesn’t fall for the standard Tory traps that Miliband and Corbyn fell for. 

40 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

sometimes that lot were so f**king stupid. McDonnell (who I much prefer to Corbyn) saying that Churchill was a villain...I mean hello?!, you want to win over the public with that?

What you label stupidity I would call an overabundance of honesty. And only an overabundance if your objective is to win the game of politics.

Churchill was a genocidal alcoholic.. the problem of antisemitism in the Labour party was overexaggerated for political ends.. but admitting either in front of a camera doesnt help much if you’re trying to win the game of politics.

But thats kind of the point. Corbynism came about because people were sick of the game of politics. Feeling powerless as day to day life gradually but noticeably gets shitter and politicians, the press/media, lobby groups, think tanks, just bullshit and spin until the cows come home. So when Corbyn - the anti politician - came along, many people lapped it up for a short spell. But the grassroots movement failed to topple the old institutions and the game of politics goes on. Tragic to imagine what might have been.

29 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

What you label stupidity I would call an overabundance of honesty. And only an overabundance if your objective is to win the game of politics.

Churchill was a genocidal alcoholic.. the problem of antisemitism in the Labour party was overexaggerated for political ends.. but admitting either in front of a camera doesnt help much if you’re trying to win the game of politics.

But thats kind of the point. Corbynism came about because people were sick of the game of politics. Feeling powerless as day to day life gradually but noticeably gets shitter and politicians, the press/media, lobby groups, think tanks, just bullshit and spin until the cows come home. So when Corbyn - the anti politician - came along, many people lapped it up for a short spell. But the grassroots movement failed to topple the old institutions and the game of politics goes on. Tragic to imagine what might have been.

Yeah, they were just a bit too stupid.

53 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Absolutely spot on analysis there. The antisemitism thing was used cynically and bore little relation to the truth.

I know "traveller", anarchist types who voted for the first time ever, and probably haven't voted since.

I felt a breath of fresh air for a time. His speech on the Pyramid, before Run The Jewels was superb and gave me hope for a while. But the establishment just couldn't have it and he was "stitched up like a kipper."

51 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

the problem of antisemitism in the Labour party was overexaggerated for political ends..

except it wasn't.

when Corbyn calls Hamas (who've been murdering Jewish babies this week) his friends there's a serious anti-Semitism problem, i know a report you can read if you feel like being a wiser man.

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Absolutely spot on analysis there. The antisemitism thing was used cynically and bore little relation to the truth.

I know "traveller", anarchist types who voted for the first time ever, and probably haven't voted since.

I felt a breath of fresh air for a time. His speech on the Pyramid, before Run The Jewels was superb and gave me hope for a while. But the establishment just couldn't have it and he was "stitched up like a kipper."

the establishment didn't stitch him up,  i know a report you can read if you feel like being a wiser man. he was hung by his own words and doings.40 years of being a twat caught up with him.

how come so many could see he was unsuitable to be leader, what blinded you to the easyfacts that so many could see.

Edited by Neil
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

except it wasn't.

when Corbyn calls Hamas (who've been murdering Jewish babies this week) his friends there's a serious anti-Semitism problem, i know a report you can read if you feel like being a wiser man.

Agreed. AS wasn’t exaggerated in the Labour Party at all.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Agreed. AS wasn’t exaggerated in the Labour Party at all.

as can be seen, even non-members can openly support it while pretending it doesn't exist - try a look at yourselves guys.!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

the establishment didn't stitch him up,  i know a report you can read if you feel like being a wiser man. he was hung by his own words and doings.40 years of being a twat caught up with him.

how come so many could see he was unsuitable to be leader, what blinded you to the easyfacts that so many could see.

the zionist elite that Starmer is a part of got him.

Just now, steviewevie said:

the zionist elite that Starmer is a part of got him.

corbyn-era labour had a thing about supporting  mass murder - a page or two back a few of you were lauding "little red book" mcdonnell