news & politics:discussion

zahidf

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

He’s had to go through massive facial reconstruction. Probably will never look the same again. Wouldn’t want to speculate how damaging that can be to someone’s mental health. 

Geez. Poor guy, sounds awful. I remember hearing about it initially but didn’t realise how bad it was. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Looks like a No win in that Australian Indigenous Voice referendum. 

Much more decisively than I think many were expecting. NSW voted no, and VIC is on a knife-edge.

The NO campaign have been very effective, but not fairly. Reminiscent of the pro-Brxit campaign in many ways. Blatant disinformation and wolf-whistling racism. Aside from that, any mid-term election is going to attract a protest vote that doesn't have anything to do with the proposal, and that's happened here also.

It's embarrassing that in 2023, Australians have declined the opportunity to step towards progress.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Geez. Poor guy, sounds awful. I remember hearing about it initially but didn’t realise how bad it was. 

££9M is very damaging to someone's mental health. 😛

Me, i'd quite happily swap some facial scarring to have working legs again - he's not so bad off  after all.

31 minutes ago, Neil said:

Me, i'd quite happily swap some facial scarring to have working legs again - he's not so bad off  after all.

It’s not a competition Neil - maybe think before you type and realise that you don’t need to comment on every issue 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Yeah of course mate, I can’t imagine what it’s been like for you. 

28 minutes ago, cellar said:

Yes, I think they are now. As it was inevitable that they would.

Committing war crimes... That is their right, of course.

just have to hope the countrys that seem to have given their backing might sit up and think they may have been wrong and reign it back somewhat 

22 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

just have to hope the countrys that seem to have given their backing might sit up and think they may have been wrong and reign it back somewhat 

I just don't know what aim is...maybe they hope Hamas will give up hostages, but doesn't look like that happening. They could try and take out Hamas, but what replaces them? It's such a mess.

I really think Labour need to start distancing themselves now they are backing war crimes , it's appalling . It's absolutely time for Starmer to show a distinction from the Torys even if it loses him votes and why should it ? surely the majority want a peaceful solution and not more barbaric action from both sides . It's a conflict elsewhere but would it have an impact here in 12 months time ? 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I really think Labour need to start distancing themselves now they are backing war crimes , it's appalling . It's absolutely time for Starmer to show a distinction from the Torys even if it loses him votes and why should it ? surely the majority want a peaceful solution and not more barbaric action from both sides . It's a conflict elsewhere but would it have an impact here in 12 months time ? 

can't exactly back Hamas can they? What they do need to do is reiterate that no war crimes are committed, that humanitarian aid is there for those in Gaza, and that a two state solution needs to be found.

Problem is the Israel having a right to defend itself thing. In this case how does that work?

Just now, steviewevie said:

can't exactly back Hamas can they? What they do need to do is reiterate that no war crimes are committed, that humanitarian aid is there for those in Gaza, and that a two state solution needs to be found.

Problem is the Israel having a right to defend itself thing. In this case how does that work?

no for sure ... they need to be showing they are working for peace in the region but also distancing themselves from what is happening on the ground . The war crimes are pretty damn obvious now ,

44 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

no for sure ... they need to be showing they are working for peace in the region but also distancing themselves from what is happening on the ground . The war crimes are pretty damn obvious now ,

How can labour work for peace in the opposition, as the opposition party they have no sway. If they get in to power they will have a tiny bit of sway, but not much.