news & politics:discussion

zahidf

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

has invested a lot in education and now has a lot of tech companies...I work for a US tech company and we have bought a few smaller Israeli companies over the years.

Israel is now buying up other countries tech companies, an Israeli company made an offer to buy efestivals - its what that company do, buy up others (they made an enquiry for efests so i followed it up, and got an offer from them, i didn't much like the terms of purchase, they could reverse the purchase at any time, which i didn't fancy.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

actually just read that Israel's economy was f**ked after the Israeli-Arab war in 48 and also the influx of a huge amount of refugees/immigrants but was pretty much bailed out by Germany who paid billions to compensate for what was done by the Nazis. Later it received economic aid from US.

the USA stole the contents of the German patents office at the end of ww2 (its also reckoned to be largely responsible for the USA's post-war economic boom), so if the USA gave some of that benefit to Israel, that's fair enough really.

40 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So you can trust the word of terrorists ?  Its kind of a binary thing.  Remember when they lied about Israel bombing the hospital ? 

Very little independent verification is going on given the nature of what is going on.

Whilst there is little independent verification it’s a small area with 2 million residents and we can see heavy destruction of large multifloored buildings . I think we can agree on that ? 

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I won't take lectures from you.  You will take them from me on this issue.  As will anyone else defending them, believing them or supporting them.

f**k off you twat.

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Granted the state of Israel, like all states, have their propaganda  machines and tell their white lives and half truths but when they post a death toll I am inclined to believe because they are state, they do have a level of accountability and they are subjected to enormous scrutiny.

So all states always tell the truth and are "whiter than white".

How about Russia, N. Korea etc

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

If Israel had been caught not telling the truth about the hospital the back lash would of been incredible. 

Would it?

Are you sure. We're talking about Israeli here, a country with more UN resolutions against it than any other country and yet they've never been sanctioned.

17 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

If Israel had found to have bombed an active hospital on purpose.  Yes.  But it didn't happen because for all its faults, they don't target active hospitals.   

ignorant here but haven't they targeted plenty of hospitals ? maybe misinformation I saw and they weren't active ones ? 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Have they?

Which hospital ? 

When ? 

Who told you ?  The same terrorists you believed last week who lied to you about blowing up a hospital ? 

If you want to propagate the lies then you are as much to blame for what is going on today as anyone.

is this misinformation ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

And now you know you was played like a fiddle...  you continue to repost lies and misinformation ?     Why ? 

I’m glad you decide what’s lies and what isn’t ? I actually responded to the post asking where I got the information from with that video … and on that video I asked the question is this misinformation as I wasn’t sure . 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I don't decide what is lies and what is not.  But I can spot when I am potentially being manipulated and there is a need for verification before deciding if something is true or not.  Instead of just reacting to whatever the next thing someone posts on social media.

I don't know what to say to you.  You are either trolling or you lack the most basic of skills required to critically analyse something.  Or maybe its something worse than that and you know exactly what you are doing and purposely spreading misinformation ?   to which I would ask for what cause ? 

yeah tell me what cause then Barry ? as ive got no fingers in any pies here ?  

Israel have dropped a huge amount of bombs on Gaza, large areas of highly congested areas have been devastated and that will include homes and public buildings like hospitals and schools etc. Israel will always say that this is collateral damage  because Hamas are set up in areas where lots of civilians are, but all the same this is happening. So when this busy hospital took a direct hit I assumed it was Israel but it wasn't necessarily intentional, because surely they would not be stupid enough to do this the day before Biden was coming, unless they wanted to scupper talks with him and other Arab leaders, but even so surely not. Fog of war and all that, mistakes happen.