news & politics:discussion

zahidf

In the end a ceasefire is difficult for Israel, they want to eliminate Hamas so they can never attack them like that again...but question is can they eliminate them without killing a lot of Gazans, and the answer for that is already no...and also will this actually increase support for Hamas or some equivalent and a rise in the elimination of Israel or in some extreme cases elimination of all Jews...if you look at evidence then answer is yes. This is never going to be resolved with violence upon violence, eventually something has to give, both sides will need to talk, and sacrifices and compromises will need to be made. Jews and Arabs will need to share that land somehow.

I don't know what Hamas actually want. I wouldn't be surprised if they were divided on all this between moderate political wings and more hardcore military wings. But they did have control of Gaza, and they maybe could have got control of the West Bank as the PLA there are not popular. They were dealing with Israel sort of, although the blockade made freedom impossible (but at same time now we know why Israel might implement a blockade). There was a path to being recognised as legitimate there, like SinnFein/Ira, like ANC. But they have f**ked that now with their violent fascism, and we can call for a ceasefire as much as we like but after what they did on Oct7th Israel want them gone, and they have nutty rightwing ultra zionists in govt who don't give a flying f**k about a two state solution or Palestinians. It really is a sh*t state of affairs, and it could get a lot worse and go on for a long time. For the sake of all of us we need a ceasefire and we need people like US, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Gulf States and probably most importantly Qatar to crack heads and start to get this resolved diplomatically.

Edited by steviewevie

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

20231101_225612.jpg

Starmer isn't facing the gravest crises, he's stood his ground and explained the motivation from his decision. No one has quit over it. Such nonsense.

9 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Starmer isn't facing the gravest crises, he's stood his ground and explained the motivation from his decision. No one has quit over it. Such nonsense.

could argue that after Hartlepool was his biggest crisis, but this potentially bigger/wider, but yeah no ministers have resigned yet. All will depend on what happens in middle east, and reactions back here. He is trying to walk a tightrope, and basically wants to stick close to US. If Biden called for a ceasefire, I expect Sunak/Starmer would too.

10 hours ago, steviewevie said:

So both terrorists then?

I'm just pointing out a similarity that neither side have much issue with kids dying because of what they choose to do.

Some fabulous news - small steps  but I got some tiny movement in my little finger of my left hand last night.

if I spend some time trying to work my brain with my hand I can increase that to more hand movement I think .

And when my fingers are able to do something useful I might start moving my arm a bit more and build things up and to some sort of normality . Small steps. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Neil said:

Some fabulous news - small steps  but I got some tiny movement in my little finger of my left hand last night.

if I spend some time trying to work my brain with my hand I can increase that to more hand movement I think .

And when my fingers are able to do something useful I might start moving my arm a bit more and build things up and to some sort of normality . Small steps. 

Excellent. Is that as a result of the extra physio sessions I think you said you had been offered?

49 minutes ago, Neil said:

That's incredible news, congratulations on all your hard work 😊

1 hour ago, Neil said:

What a great bit of news to start ticket day 🙂