news & politics:discussion

zahidf

58 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I don't think I have ever seen a homeless person in a tent in the UK.  Most seem to have sleeping bags and such like but I haven't seen tents.  Its desperately sad.  You see it more abroad in tents.  Its rife in the USA. 

She seems to have invented the whole thing out of thin air from a UK perspective while trying to be as nasty as possible.

They are all over Manchester if you look for them. Most rough sleepers on their own take them down during the day

I feel a little guilty when I say this but I have a viewing for a 2 bed place near the Christie hospital. Quite a nice area and I have only been on the homeless lost for a year.

4 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

They are all over Manchester if you look for them. Most rough sleepers on their own take them down during the day

I feel a little guilty when I say this but I have a viewing for a 2 bed place near the Christie hospital. Quite a nice area and I have only been on the homeless lost for a year.

great news, hope you get it.

21 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

and yeah you do see people in tents here and there.

I remember a decade or so ago it was a bit of a thing in Manchester, homeless tent protest in Manchester, not sure what that was all about and if/how it was resolved.

2 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I hope you get the place. 

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

personally not bothered if they protest on armistice day or remembrance day or christmas day, but its not good PR if they do...will not increase support for the Palastinian cause here in UK, and will just increase divisions etc. 

Two me there are 2 different debates here. The first is whether people should have the right to protest and in my view they do. The second is will the protest have a positive impact. If the purpose of protest is to highlight the issue then possibly, if it is to gain support, I think it will probably do the opposite.

7 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I don't see how she wins an election so go right ahead I would say to Rishi.  I don't even see how she gets control of the party - then again they did vote for Truss...

I think the members may vote for her, but I don’t see her getting through the MP whittling down. If Sunak wins the election there is no vacancy. If he loses then I assume the red wall falls and a lot of her potential supporters lose their seats. 

I get the impression Tory MPs are using her as an attack dog, but will dump her when she stops being useful.

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I don't think I have ever seen a homeless person in a tent in the UK.  Most seem to have sleeping bags and such like but I haven't seen tents.  Its desperately sad.  You see it more abroad in tents.  Its rife in the USA. 

She seems to have invented the whole thing out of thin air from a UK perspective while trying to be as nasty as possible.

There’s lots in Brighton. Not sure about other parts of the country.

6 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

You waited 5 hours to come back with that. I’ve no idea what your issue is but you’re acting even stranger than usual. Your opinion on where I live is meaningless to me and I seriously suggest you get a hobby and stop being so bitter!

so meaningless you ignored it - mr stalkerman????😁

i had a life for five hours. you should try it some time -mr stalker-man - with your  sh*t housing market analysis so sh*t you're now arguing with yourself- and  pissed off that you can't afford sh*t cheap housing in the good times 

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

you need to get out more. i've seen tents all around the uk when i've been to different places.

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Glastonbury doesn't count 😛 

Nor does shutting your mind to what can be seen in most city centres. or are you admitting that braverman a tory has a stronger grasp of real life than you?

Edited by Neil

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

this guy

I wonder if there will be more...

Good on him, it won’t make any difference but good on him for taking action he feels is right.

34 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Wondering if my MP, Afzal Khan, will do the same. He has said there should be a ceasefire, but at the same time he seems quite loyal (and ambitious).

Is he in the Shadow Cabinet too? That seems to be the sticking point for that person yesterday which is fair enough.