news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I know everyone thinks Starmer is a rabid right wing tory bastard fascist and all that...but I like to think he is just trying to win an election in a country that either votes tory, or votes labour when they look and sound tory...let's just see what they actually do when they have power, and a big landslide will give them that. Trouble is...democracy...so after a few years they'll be worrying about the next election...and the Tories will be coming at them with anti-green anti-migrant pro-tax cut policies that might be appealing if things are still sh*t.

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think Tories might start doing a bit better if they start going all one nationy. Racism only gets you so far.

Quite possibly, the Tories do play politics on easy mode. Imagine if all this happened under Labour, they’d be torn apart. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

well, Cameron, May and Johnson all considered themselves one nation tories...so make of that what you will...

It advocates the preservation of established institutions and traditional principles within a political democracy, in combination with social and economic programmes designed to benefit the ordinary person

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-nation_conservatism

7 hours ago, steviewevie said:

they'd both need to be MPs

Farge will be an MP soon after he wins I'm a celebrity. 

My comment was based in the wrong Idea that Cameron could be leader from the lord's. Cos I was thinking a place in parliament was the qualification.

But that was wrong the MP rule came in after having a leader with a place in the lords.

Thanks for correcting me.

a day after the Scottish police branded an arm of the Scottish govt as possible murderers, things are getting worse un Scotland with the possibility of Celtic fans becoming criminals.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/13/plan-to-tighten-law-on-glorifying-terrorism-could-criminalise-crowd-at-murrayfield