news & politics:discussion

zahidf

23 minutes ago, cellar said:

Any joy? Nothing for us, about 8 groups and not even a look at the ticket page

Nope nothing, just the auto-refresh page for my group. I didn’t want to go anyway… 🥲

2 hours ago, cellar said:

Any joy? Nothing for us, about 8 groups and not even a look at the ticket page

No one I knew that was trying today was successful.

One of my mates got a shedful of coach tickets on Thursday.

I'd decided I wasn't going for the first time since 1986 so wasn't trying for tickets for me so after 30 consecutive festivals I'm out. Glad that was my choice and not forced on me by not getting a ticket.

Edited by Neil

27 minutes ago, Neil said:

No one I knew that was trying today was successful.

One of my mates got a shedful of coach tickets on Thursday.

I'd decided I wasn't going for the first time since 1986 so wasn't trying for tickets for me so after 30 consecutive festivals I'm out. Glad that was my choice and not forced on me by not getting a ticket.

30 festivals is an incredible number. I'm on 9, next year would be my 10th if I do manage to get there somehow. Thinking that its about time I work for my ticket to be honest - I think I would actually really enjoy being "part" of the festival, as cheesy as that sounds.

11 minutes ago, cellar said:

30 festivals is an incredible number. I'm on 9, next year would be my 10th if I do manage to get there somehow. Thinking that its about time I work for my ticket to be honest - I think I would actually really enjoy being "part" of the festival, as cheesy as that sounds.

i worked some of mine - about 5 years in the kidz field and more for efestivals.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Anyone going to watch that horrible twat Farage on I'm a celebrity tonight?

Nah, I don’t watch it anyway but even more reason to avoid it now. 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I think he would love to be asked to do all the challenges. What would annoy him most would be if the public just ignored him.

he's the only one anyone has heard of...so he will get all the challenges (that he agrees to), and all the publicity, and will come across as a bloody good bloke, and will be leader of the Tory party in a few years and PM by 2030.