news & politics:discussion

zahidf

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I mean...Israel's response is arguably disproportionate as it is...don't think there's a need to fudge the numbers to make it look even worse...

Israel normally runs its revenge at about

Twenty to one.

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

What are you on about ?

Israel are now saying they're attacking south Gaza to wipe out the tunnels, same as they said for north Gaza, seems they don't know where the tunnels are.

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Remember the days and days of commentary about Starmer losing the grip on his party? Well let’s see if the same happens now. 

3 headlines tonight from Guardian, Independent and Sky News:

"Robert Jenrick quits frontbench over Rwanda bill, piling pressure on Sunak"

"Robert Jenrick resigns as immigration minister over Rwanda in huge blow for Sunak"

and

"Rishi Sunak facing political fight of his life as he wars with right wing Tories over Rwanda bill"

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Or you can't do everything all at once...    Its well known where the tunnels are...

a couple of weeks ago they were only in the north.

7 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Looks like pure opportunism to me. Jenrick looking for a top job in a Braverman led team.

I reckpn Braverman blew it with her hissy fit.

Reckon it will be Badenoch now. Mordaunt and Cleverly have a chance, but if they pick another right winger again I think Badenoch. Braverman won't make last two.

9 hours ago, Neil said:

Israel are now saying they're attacking south Gaza to wipe out the tunnels, same as they said for north Gaza, seems they don't know where the tunnels are.

No, I think they always knew that there were tunnel networks all over Gaza...but maybe they thought just invading North Gaza would be enough, when maybe Hamas had actually worked out they could move south too. There are still loads of Hamas fighters, let alone Hama members...Israel are going to struggle to kill them all without totally destroying Gaza, which seems to be the end goal at the moment. They may as well drop a nuke on it.

Edited by steviewevie

likes of Braverman and Goodwin on the airwaves bullshitting and dog whistling and exploiting this issue for their own aggrandisement and ambition. Braverman in particular, she spectacularly failed as home secretary and desperately tried to get herself sacked and now that she doesn't have to worry about something called responsibility just barks from the sidelines focusing on what tory members get frothy about.