news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Ok. Having had a number of posts deleted (presumably as a result of being reported by someone who thinks they are the guardian of this forum and that only their views count), I'm out of here.

Best of luck everyone.

1 minute ago, Ommadawn said:

Ok. Having had a number of posts deleted (presumably as a result of being reported by someone who thinks they are the guardian of this forum and that only their views count), I'm out of here.

Best of luck everyone.

I haven't reported your posts from earlier, maybe just maybe the mods decided they were unnecessary and off-topic like I said they were. Take care (I guarantee you'll be back though this is an attention seeking "I'm out" post after all).

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You are authorised to use much stronger language in this situation in our unwritten constitution.  Although it's clearly a very fluid situation.

Yeah it does seem to have been deemed acceptable to be abusive in response to posts like these, but I'd rather Ozanne just try not to gatekeep the thread whilst simultaneously trying to provoke reactions out of people.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Literally 8 hours ago. Gatekeeping is allowed in some cases it seems.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 19.50.56.png

Calling out someone for using foul language isn't the same as gatekeeping. You meanwhile have to call put crazyfool for daring to come back and post on this thread, because you have some weird vendetta against him. And then say that someone is attention seeking when they say they're out of this thread, in case they do decide to then come back and post, and you'll be able to throw it right back in their face. Classy.

But anyway, if you can just try to behave decently we can move along and continue with the thread. 

Can we move on now please … I’m sure some might not agree with how we moderate and my shoulders are broad enough to accept that will always be the case . We are however attempting to make this thread as pleasant as we can given the sometimes challenging subject matter . Having 2 of us moderate means we discuss all reports and will work together to try and achieve the best result for this thread and posters and Efests in a purely voluntary role . Anyway I’m just awaiting being added to the govt list along with the leftie lawyers … those damn leftie moderators on efests 

9 minutes ago, cellar said:

Calling out someone for using foul language isn't the same as gatekeeping. You meanwhile have to call put crazyfool for daring to come back and post on this thread, because you have some weird vendetta against him. And then say that someone is attention seeking when they say they're out of this thread, in case they do decide to then come back and post, and you'll be able to throw it right back in their face. Classy.

But anyway, if you can just try to behave decently we can move along and continue with the thread. 

Oh dear, I've pointed out your hypocrisy for gatekeeping earlier on and this is what happens. It's not a great look.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Oh dear, I've pointed out your hypocrisy for gatekeeping earlier on and this is what happens. It's not a great look.

Can we move on please … I’m presuming you want the discussion back on topic and not about individuals … thanks for your help 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Can we move on please … I’m presuming you want the discussion back on topic and not about individuals … thanks for your help 

Yes of course. Considering the uproar it's caused, could you explain the case of the deleted posts from earlier please?

Just now, Ozanne said:

Yes of course. Considering the uproar it's caused, could you explain the case of the deleted posts from earlier please?

I’ve dmd ommadawn as that’s fair when we remove posts and I think we missed it on this occasion that the posts didn’t relate to subject matter and related to inviduals 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I’ve dmd ommadawn as that’s fair when we remove posts and I think we missed it on this occasion that the posts didn’t relate to subject matter and related to inviduals 

So nothing to do with me, thank you.

Just now, Ozanne said:

Who knows, we need the written rules!!

Joking of course.

Which are being put together by some volunteers , so the less time we need to spend on moderation the more time we can use to work on these . We’ve got the existing ones from this forum and some from other forums to use as a guide . In the meantime the general rule of don’t be a dick  to others applies 

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Which are being put together by some volunteers , so the less time we need to spend on moderation the more time we can use to work on these . We’ve got the existing ones from this forum and some from other forums to use as a guide . In the meantime the general rule of don’t be a dick  to others applies 

I think the difficulty is that some mods apply certain rules differently to others, see earlier Kallifire indicated posting to wind people up isn't against any rules which is different to what we've been told before.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think the difficulty is that some mods apply certain rules differently to others, see earlier Kallifire indicated posting to wind people up isn't against any rules which is different to what we've been told before.

We agreed that response . You’ll always get differing opinions we are trying to juggle 65 balls and spin plates at the same time . We have the same objective and that’s despite the objections to the contrary that this place remains as decent as we can make it … or we step away and allow a free for all ( not happening ) or the thread gets deleted completely. It is a forum to get excited about festivals predominantly 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

We agreed that response . You’ll always get differing opinions we are trying to juggle 65 balls and spin plates at the same time . We have the same objective and that’s despite the objections to the contrary that this place remains as decent as we can make it … or we step away and allow a free for all ( not happening ) or the thread gets deleted completely. It is a forum to get excited about festivals predominantly 

That was confusing because when other people have apparently tried to wind people up they've been told it's against the rules, I understand that it's fluid but it seems that for some posters those rules previously enforced become flexible.