news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Barry Fish said:

He answered that question saying he wasn't asked at the time to back anything up.

You are saying his lying.  Your only proof being your hatred for him.  Hopefully the enquiry will report back on facts and not hatred for individuals. 

oh come on this govt is knee deep in corruption hes got an absolute shed load to hide . There will be evidence on there that will put him and Boris behind bars so it's no shock it's all gone missing . Sunak might not be a proven liar in the same way as  Boris , Hancock was even asking for immunity from prosecution and we still await Case appearance 

14 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

its mad the number of groups they are all in ... dont know if its a common thing for all govts or just this lot of crooks 

There's ERG, NRG, New Conservatives, Common Sense Group, No Turning Back and One Nation.

😄

I guess this is the result of fptp and parties representing broad coalitions...and maybe these groups feel more empowered since the brexit wars. The names they give them are hilarious though. And then naming this thing Star Chamber as if the greatest legal minds are sitting in there to free the people from those woke foreign courts, with the likes of Bill Cash and Mark Francois driving things. It's like living in a Carry On film.

17 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

just the period missing over the pandemic ? with the same happening to your other half ? and then those conversations also missing from the people you conversed with ? I mean if hes not sure how it's done it's pretty easy to find out .... hes probably got a shed load more advisors than any of us .... and the QC just asked him if he'd not been told at the time to retain those messages and make sure .... hes lying simple as 

Sunak fails to hand WhatsApp messages from time as chancellor to Covid inquiry | Covid inquiry | The Guardian

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

You know all this is really important much beyond you hatred for the Tories and your want to tell it what you think you know. 

This enquiry, if done properly, should have a big bearing on how government is performed going forward.  So its crucial it reports back based on evidence and not the bleatings of lefty moaning liberals who just hate the tories.

You think the Labour party are backing up all their whatsapp and messaging ?   Do you think they will when they form the next government ?   Do you think they did before 2010 ? 

This isn't a tory problem.  Its how we do government problem.

ive made no mention of what Labour do or will do in the future .... Still awaiting the Russia report so not convinced it'll make any difference if they just lie and that isnt just my leftie opinion . The lying is a feature of this govt I can't predict what any future govt does 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Well you are using a crystal ball over the reasons why Sunak messages went missing why not use one to predict what Labour will do.  Consistency is key.

dont need a crystal ball its pretty damn obvious . And yes in the future the messages should be secure and id hope any govt get rid of the Tory habit of lying .... I didn't like it when Labour did it over Iraq , or the Lib dems on Tuition fees either . Lying is sh*t full stop 

43 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Star Chamber..I mean what the f**k?

Straight off Wiki (every day's a learning day) : In March 2019, the European Research Group formed its own 'Star Chamber' to pass judgement on Theresa May's then proposed Brexit deal, and which recommended that MPs should not back it.[26][27] On 29 December 2020, the ERG's Star Chamber gave a similar verdict on Boris Johnson's recently agreed EU–UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement, but on this occasion recommending that their members vote for it because the deal is "consistent with the restoration of UK sovereignty". In December 2023 the ERG's Star Chamber rejected Rishi Sunak's proposed legislation to allow the Rwanda plan to go ahead. 

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I have transferred between phones and not got all the messages.  I did it last week.

Oh I see. In that case we should definitely believe that someone in the highest office in the land with untold failsafes is a genuine victim of multiple botched transfers, at the exact same time messages that may incriminate him might have been sent.

Because a similar thing once happened to Barry off eFests. 

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yeah 100% . both him and Boris at the same time .... not a chance , its piss easy to restore all watts apps when you get a new phone .... I did it a few weeks ago , what was Boris reason again ? something about a factory reset ? amazing the stuff this govt has lost 

Yeah it was a factory reset for Johnson. Clearly they are all lying to cover it up which is a pretty serious offence in high office when they should keep all government messages. I imagine that the ones online that are trying to claim it’s not a big deal are doing it for damage limitation for Sunak. 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah it was a factory reset for Johnson. Clearly they are all lying to cover it up which is a pretty serious offence in high office when they should keep all government messages. I imagine that the ones online that are trying to claim it’s not a big deal are doing it for damage limitation for Sunak. 

whole thing is just bonkers .... from people at the top of public office it just seems they are unable to tell the truth on anything at all , just so embroiled in a web of deceit now , Its all starting to come out since the pandemic and this is just the tip of the iceberg  now , along with all the PPE fast lane scandals to come . It's hard to figure out now what's the dead cat story amongst it all because there's so much ... was Farage meant to be one ? 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

whole thing is just bonkers .... from people at the top of public office it just seems they are unable to tell the truth on anything at all , just so embroiled in a web of deceit now , Its all starting to come out since the pandemic and this is just the tip of the iceberg  now , along with all the PPE fast lane scandals to come . It's hard to figure out now what's the dead cat story amongst it all because there's so much ... was Farage meant to be one ? 

It would be much bigger if Johnson was PM I reckon but with everything else that’s going on the inquiry is going under the radar. The media need to be asking more questions about it all but they are distracted or just don’t want to.

Farage in the jungle was a vanity project for him that hasn’t really worked. I think he expected to win it. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

It would be much bigger if Johnson was PM I reckon but with everything else that’s going on the inquiry is going under the radar. The media need to be asking more questions about it all but they are distracted or just don’t want to.

Farage in the jungle was a vanity project for him that hasn’t really worked. I think he expected to win it. 

yeah think he did ... and he still didn't with all the lefties boycotting the show . can't say I was an avid watcher but made 100% sure it wasn't accidentally on 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Just like he expected to win in 7 elections. Two of which were in my constituency, that he has no other connection with. The bloke is totally deluded. 

Sunak probably did enough obfuscation to get away with it. 

The whatsapp message thing is suss though, earlier in the year wasn't he refusing to hand them over and launched a judicial review against doing so?

Now he has to focus on persuading the scary Star Chamber that he hates human rights too and please vote for his bill.

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I was reading that Farage was quite popular amongst the younger audience.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Eat out to help out was a disgrace

Yet again shows where our priorities lie and why we're going to "hell in a handcart"

I wonder if it's paid off with the economic damage that long covid has done ..... the Torys damaging their own policy of getting people back to work