news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

everyone will complain and do frequently that their own POV isnt being responded to , for example here both you and Barry both from opposite side of the divide , so maybe you dont get what you hope to sometimes and maybe Barry feels unjustly done to at others , whoever the mods are its not an exact or far from perfect science , its not easy as any mod will attest . The rules will give some clarity and hopefully will include some timelines of ban periods and an appeal process 

That is true but sometimes mods do offer possibly questionable behaviour too. Once I had a mod send me a DM requesting I report a specific post from someone so that mod had a reason to ban a poster. Is that ok?

It's stuff like this and general trends that don't fill me with confidence with these new rules.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That is true but sometimes mods do offer possibly questionable behaviour too. Once I had a mod send me a DM requesting I report a specific post from someone so that mod had a reason to ban a poster. Is that ok?

It's stuff like this and general trends that don't fill me with confidence with these new rules.

where I pointed you to existing rules ? 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

where I pointed you to existing rules ? 

I’m not going to go into specifics but it didn’t go exactly like that. I don’t know if that type of thing is ok or not but it highlights how at times maybe mods might not do the right thing and opens up questions. 

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Have the new rules been posted yet? What happened to just being nice to each other without trying to cause drama

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

think we are planning on doing some work over Christmas ... possibly Christmas Day 

Nice time to make a clean break and put all the past forum conflict behind us and based on how the debates are going in the commons this evening we could be on an election countdown too

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

next year could get ugly. 

Did you see Nick Fletchers statement? That was eye opening 

link for those interested https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/26b0dd30-b987-4d9c-8a2b-a6e6915e6019?in=17:17:03

Edited by squirrelarmy

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Nice time to make a clean break and put all the past forum conflict behind us and based on how the debates are going in the commons this evening we could be on an election countdown too

Nah Sunak is gonna win and he should win this easily. He has a big majority after all. I imagine the media will try to portray it as a massive accomplishment though. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

You have to wonder why the Tories have 5 separate right wing groups. Do they all try to one up each other about how sh*t they can be?

think they need to split it further so they all represent in 2s ... thats still a group isnt it ? the answer is in funding I think 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Its a terrible piece of legalisation my two greatest fears is it passes and the amend it and make it worse...  it doesn't pass and force Rishi to make it worse...

Even worse than that, they bring Rishi down and they elect a truly horrible leader...

Either way I see it getting worse.. 

I always think it can't possibly get worse ..... you just never know ..... Braverman or Patel would definitely fit the worse thing ?