news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I mean it is disputable if Rwanda thingy would have much of an impact anyway, if just sending hundreds over. Maybe it will deter some, don't know. This needs an international resolution, in end might need european countries taking a quota, maybe Starmer will work more closely with France/EU in finding a resolution. If could do that so that those whose asylum is accepted here get safe passage and at same time work with other countries to try and stop the boat gangs, then this could make issue less visible here. Sunak took a big risk with that stop the boats thing, if he'd said he'd reduce by a 3rd per year he'd be onto a winner, but I guess he wanted to keep Braverman and co happy.

With legal migration it is forecast to come down to about net 300/400k anyway, but will always be too high for some. In end need to make a choice, fewer immigrants and we will probably have to be like Japan and work longer and have less growth, or have more migrants working here.

Its not really about the numbers more about doing something.

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

Its not really about the numbers more about doing something.

Labour have a plan to do something about it, it certainly can’t be worse than the Tories whose plan is essentially do nothing and bring in gimmick plans that won’t work. 

6 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Both him and Sturgeon behaved awfully during Covid and played political games with peoples lives.  The Welsh people I know will be very much glad to see the back of him.  And the 20mph speed limit thing is ridiculous as well.

i think drakeford was the best of a bad bunch during covid.

43 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

All my Welsh friends thought he was awesome.

etc.

He seems like a really nice guy from the TV. He also worked in his shed during the pandemic so he could try to avoid is wife getting covid.

47 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

She is basically saying whats the point in discussing a two state solution with people who are hell bent on a one state solution not involving Isreal.

She should of said Hamas though rather than palestinas. 

who wants a state next door throwing bombs over the border.

its the same the other way Palestinians don't want to accept 'the catastrophe'.(which they'd be doing by accepting a two state solution).

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You have to pretend its all easily fixed just by asking for a ceasefire. 

even abolishing Israel wouldn't fix the problems, there's then the problem of where the Israeli's go.