news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Why do some people get upset/annoyed if a few people aren't able/don't want to work?

What's so great about a lifetime suffering boring/soul destroying slavery?

Bring in Universal credit

There's more than enough people who subscribe to the "protestant work ethic" or are workaholics happy to work themselves into an early grave.

Don't you work Glastonbury for a free ticket? What proportion of people in your group would you tolerate doing nothing for the same ticket? How many more hours would you work to cover for them? You might be a saint and not be bothered but most people would be pissed off with the freeloaders

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I mean this post right here is exactly the problem.  You want something for nothing.  Utterly disgusting.  At least you are more honest than most mind. 

I work for a living, but haven't got a problem with those who don't.

What's so great about a lifetime suffering boring/soul destroying slavery?

Edited by Skip997

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Maybe you could answer your own question ?

Why do you go to work everyday ? 

No idea

I hate it. I've got plenty of better things I could be doing, things that would help with my mental health, e.g. rock climbing/mountaineering, traveling, working on my van, growing veg etc

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So quit today and fake a mental illness or something ? 

Why not ?  What is stopping you ? 

It's a complicated situation which is personal and not for discussion on here.

Although I'm not far off leaving.

Edited by Skip997

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It looks like one way or another both the Tories and Labour want some sort of mechanism to do this.  Feels like a really dangerous thing to me which would be instantly abused.

Agree

Let the judiciary remain independent

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Hopefully they'll realise that the smear Starmer with stuff from 20 years back is a sh*t strategy and it isn't working.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Just trying to imagine the person who has time to work for a free ticket at Glastonbury but doesn't have the time to pop down to their local climbing wall after work or at the weekend.  Some messed up time management issues going on there.

I think you'll find most people have more free time available when they are on annual leave from work. 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Just trying to imagine the person who has time to work for a free ticket at Glastonbury but doesn't have the time to pop down to their local climbing wall after work or at the weekend.  Some messed up time management issues going on there.

Imagine the person who dislikes climbing walls and prefers to go to actual rock faces and climb.

Who'd have thought that some people prefer rock climbing in beautiful places to plastic climbing indoors.

What's the world coming to?

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

freeloaders are all the same, rich or poor!

As I thought, you're pathetically trying to label me as a freeloader.

What the f**k does it matter to you that I get into Glastonbury without paying?

Jealous?

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

As I thought, you're pathetically trying to label me as a freeloader.

What the f**k does it matter to you that I get into Glastonbury without paying?

Jealous?

i turned down free tickets for the last twenty years(preferring to pay to benefit the charities and otherf ticketholders), and I'm not the one bitching about what others have that they've worked to get. I'm pointing out you're the same as you're bitching about.

Edited by Neil

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

i turned down free tickets for the last twenty years, and I'm not the one bitching about what others have that they've worked to get. i'm pointing out you're the same as you're bitching about.

I clearly stated that I have no problem with people not working or claiming benefits.

So I've no idea what you're rattling on about.

Turning down free tickets is your problem and has nothing to do with my situation.

Edited by Skip997

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

I work for a living

except at Glastonbury where you're a freeloader, no different to how a billionaire is a freeloader.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I clearly stated that I have no problem with people not working or claiming benefits.

So I've no idea what you're rattling on about.

Turning down free tickets is your problem and has nothing to do with my situation.

your situation is freeloader,

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Unbelievable post

Those who in your opinion are "taking the piss" are a mere drop in the ocean when compared with multi nationals and millionaires avoiding tax.

Have some compassion FFS

or compared with skippy's avoiding ticket prices!

Just now, Neil said:

except at Glastonbury where you're a freeloader, no different to how a billionaire is a freeloader.

That'd be a "freeloader" who has spent about 15 years doing shifts for Green Traffic control, including some of the most intense stewarding shifts on site. Shifts that prevent people being seriously injured by on-site traffic.

A "freeloader" who has spent weeks painting the longdrops.

A "freeloader" who took part in the best post festival clear-up ever, according to Michael Eavis, and including working on site until the end of August.

A "freeloader" who did round about double their expected hours as C&T crew without asking for or expecting any reward. The fact that Arabella Churchill decided to compensate me wasn't my decision.

A "freeloader" who has do additional site crew work for no more than a few meals.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

Volunteers aren't freeloaders. 

Skip I don't know why you keep coming back for abuse from Neil Fish and his brother Barry. 

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

That'd be a "freeloader" who has spent about 15 years doing shifts for Green Traffic control, including some of the most intense stewarding shifts on site. Shifts that prevent people being seriously injured by on-site traffic.

A "freeloader" who took part in the best post festival clear-up ever, according to Michael Eavis, and including working on site until the end of August.

A "freeloader" who did round about double their expected hours as C&T crew without asking for or expecting any reward. The fact that Arabella Churchill decided to compensate me wasn't my decision.

A "freeloader" who has do additional site crew work for no more than a few meals.

first time you've posted about some input and not just taking for nothing.

Just now, Skip997 said:

All hail the freeloading workers without whom we would have f**k all festival .... last I heard it was called working for a ticket 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

All hail the freeloading workers without whom we would have f**k all festival .... last I heard it was called working for a ticket 

he ain't a worker as he always makes clear when bragging about his freeloading.