news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Neil said:

he ain't a worker as he always makes clear when bragging about his freeloading.

hes made it pretty damn clear .... in this case you are wrong Neil and have clearly missed some of his many posts stating this 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Volunteers aren't freeloaders. 

Skip I don't know why you keep coming back for abuse from Neil Fish and his brother Barry. 

Neither do I TBH

But in the case I feel I had to explain

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

All hail the freeloading workers without whom we would have f**k all festival .... last I heard it was called working for a ticket 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

hes made it pretty damn clear .... in this case you are wrong Neil and have clearly missed some of his many posts stating this 

Thanks for this, makes me happy that some understand and appreciate

Maybe I should post in the Glastonbury stories topic about some of my experiences and instances where I went above and beyond the expected and used my initiative to resolve potentially deadly events occurring.

Edited by Skip997

the post just above is the first time i've seen him post about working at the fest. its not just glastonbury he likes to boast about freeloading.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

the post just above is the first time i've seen him post about working at the fest. its not just glastonbury he likes to boast about freeloading.

Got any real life examples?

Not just in your imagination.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Neil it might be the first youve seen but there are many  others that show he works for a ticket along with thousands of others and as hes posted already his work I think thats demonstration enough hes not freeloading as you call it .  

Just now, Skip997 said:

Got any real life examples?

Not just in your imagination.

in your posts real life examples all over these forums, not just me that's noticed you as a freeloader - somone pointed it out to me.

your freeloading is laughable when you slag off billionaires.

Neil it might be the first youve seen but there are many  others that show he works for a ticket along with thousands of others and as hes posted already his work I think thats demonstration enough hes not freeloading as you call it .  

thousands of others work for their tickets - he doesn't from what he's posted over time.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

in your posts real life examples all over these forums, not just me that's noticed you as a freeloader - somone pointed it out to me.

your freeloading is laughable when you slag off billionaires.

Still no idea what the f**k you're on about.

I can only presume that you're confusing me with someone else.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

thousands of others work for their tickets - he doesn't from what he's posted over time.

FFS you no idea what you're on about

Now will you kindly just f**k off, you miserable c**t.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Still no idea what the f**k you're on about.

I can only presume that you're confusing me with someone else.

if you want people to think you're a freeloader, you go about it the right way.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

I have also seen Skip talk about the many jobs he has undertaken during the years he has been going.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

So that's a no then. 

It's well known that Skip works for Greenfields Traffic Control.  He's posted about it a lot in the past. 

19 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

That'd be a "freeloader" who has spent about 15 years doing shifts for Green Traffic control, including some of the most intense stewarding shifts on site. Shifts that prevent people being seriously injured by on-site traffic.

A "freeloader" who has spent weeks painting the longdrops.

A "freeloader" who took part in the best post festival clear-up ever, according to Michael Eavis, and including working on site until the end of August.

A "freeloader" who did round about double their expected hours as C&T crew without asking for or expecting any reward. The fact that Arabella Churchill decided to compensate me wasn't my decision.

A "freeloader" who has do additional site crew work for no more than a few meals.

@Neil fyi its here 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

@Neil fyi its here 

a freeloader who only posts about his freeloading not his working. never seen him post about working until just now.

Just now, Skip997 said:

I have to wonder why the Green Fields bosses keep inviting me back.

I have to wonder why I'm one of the first on the list for the Dragon Field crew.

Real mystery that!

Think Glastonbury Rear of the Year helped 😃

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

I have to wonder why the Green Fields bosses keep inviting me back.

Real mystery that!

no mystery, those who know - know, Glastonbury is clique central.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

a freeloader who only posts about his freeloading not his working. never seen him post about working until just now.

You're full of sh*t - took about 10 seconds to find this.

On 6/29/2023 at 11:18 PM, Skip997 said:

After finishing the late shift I go for a wonder and bump into the same crew from last night, turns out they’re the Food Groove cooks. We wonder around a while, ending up sitting in the West Holts arena and chatting. I give them a couple of Guerrilla bar cards, which proves to be a great move as cheap/free food and drink becomes available at one of my favourite onsite cafes.

Wednesday is the day the public tickets holders arrive and the day of the opening ceremony. It takes place in the south east of the site in Kings Meadow, more commonly known as The Stone Circle field.
It’s just about the only thing going on on Wednesday evening and tends to draw most people on site.

I’ve never been as I’m always on shift, by choice, and I much prefer the relatively quiet of the Dragon Field gate. People movement is always an issue before, during and after the ceremony. Junctions and pathways become shut down and diversions are put in place.

Shift finished and off for my only visit to the somewhat exclusive Guerrilla bar, a “hideout” for “old school” crew, hidden behind a stage in Shangri La. It’s busy, but not too busy, probably for the last time this weekend it’s comfortable. A couple of blokes are playing and singing on the small stage, lyrically it sounds like “Beans on Toast”, but really I have no idea. I bump into a few mates, make some interesting contacts, will we ever speak again?, and dance.