news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, stuie said:

You're full of sh*t - took about 10 seconds to find this.

where he talks about his freeloading!

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

where he talks about completing his shifts. 

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

/free food and drink becomes available

definitely not a freeloader, and troll guy stuie was so focused on trolling he missed the freeloader_boast.

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I was just thinking the same 😛. talks about scoring free food 😛 

Trading food for some much sought after passes!

TRADING all part of the alternative ethos of the festival

Anyway why has this topic become all about me. The work I do in exchange for my Glastonbury ticket is no ones business but mine, my bosses and the rest of my crew.

So let's get back on topic.

Edited by Skip997

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Anyway why has this topic become all about me. The work I do in exchange for my Glastonbury ticket is no ones business but mine, my bosses and the rest of my crew.

So let's get back on topic.

good shout Skip ... on topic now please (MOD ) 

something that cost you nothing. punters will pick up the cost of your free cafe food. which makes you as bad as any billionaire - riding on the backs of the less fortunate.

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

Does it?

I also work for my ticket like skip, our contribution goes towards the festival and instead of paying us the cash goes into charity (how much not so sure). Food and drink I have in my area all profits go to chosen charity of the area

Not that I really want to get into it.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

something that cost you nothing. punters will pick up the cost of your free cafe food. which makes you as bad as any billionaire - riding on the backs of the less fortunate.

That is certainly an odd take, but need to get back on topic.

Tories eh

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

That is certainly an odd take, but need to get back on topic.

Tories eh

yeah, like freeloaders tend to be tory at heart.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

Christ all f**king mighty

The way your going on you'd think I was robbing people of 100's instead of just accepting a couple of mugs of coffee and a meal. Unasked for by the way.

Christ all f**king mighty

The way your going on you'd think I was robbing people of 100's instead of just accepting a couple of mugs of coffee and a meal. Unasked for by the way.

from the way you wrote your boast it seemed like you knew you were making an exchange!

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

definitely not a freeloader, and troll guy stuie was so focused on trolling he missed the freeloader_boast.

Please don't misquote me - I didn't post what you quoted. 

I love that when I tell you you're wrong your only defence is that I'm a troll. 

You are absolutely crazy.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

He's completely barking, and for some reason has a massive "chip on his shoulder"

Just now, stuie said:

you thought you were proving me wrong, but by presenting his freeloader_boast you proved me right and saved me having to find an example of his freeloader_boasting.

Just now, Skip997 said:

He's completely barking, and for some reason has a massive "chip on his shoulder"

the chip on the shoulder is yours and your double standards about it made me feel it should be called out. 

15 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It is on 

So if you take "free" food one way or another someone pays for it.  In the case of Glastonbury it will be the average punter for sure.

very much on topic

Blimey down an odd rabbit hole here.

You would maybe then have to consider waste and the cost of disposal. So some free food could lower those costs . I very must doubt also that some traders factor in the overall cost of each portion against a couple of meals or a coffee they give away. Infact I know that as fact in  most places.

15 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It is on 

If you take from the benefit system then someone has to pay for that.

very much on topic

Agree

Edited by fred quimby

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

if you hold up a mirror to the left, they are always on the right 😛 

True story

he's not of the left he's of the freeloaders!

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

what's so wrong with freeloading anyway?

At the level I allegedly do it, absolutely nothing.

We're talking a few pence for a couple of coffees and volunteering which means the cost of my ticket gets donated to charity.

Completely evil behavior it has to be said.

We're talking a few pence for a couple of coffees and volunteering which means the cost of my ticket gets donated to charity.

wasn't everyone freeloading before they put that fence up?

Just now, steviewevie said:

wasn't everyone freeloading before they put that fence up?

And I'd imagine a few posting here have used the Krishna tent for free food, in fact it's been recommended as a way of keeping costs down.

Possibly even by @Neil himself

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

I wonder if you asked everyone in the queue if its ok that they now had to pay an extra 1p because you got a free one ?  I reckon a few would pipe up 🙂 

The level of your taking might not be the same as the next guy...  but its the same self centered approach to life where you get something for nothing and others pay for it.

Basically sums up the whole debate and your stance on it 😛 

We're talking accepting (not asking for) about 50 pence worth of goods.

you bastard 😉 think we need a few more pages on these stolen coffees ? what type were they ? did you have the nerve to steal milk ? heaven forbid  sugar also ? what about the environmental cost ? was the stirrer wooden with little environmental impact ? did you walk to the coffee place ? 

or Maybe the f**king tories who are robbing the country blind and spaffing all the contracts to their mates and costing the country billions is a better topic for conversation ? This is daily mail blame game stuff at its best in this thread