news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Do you accept I vote Labour every election ? 

I shall respond even though it is pointless................. no is the answer. 

Given your posts and opinions I would put you as a Reform/Ukip voter.

If you vote Labour then perhaps your views on here are all just made up to stir up things.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

I shall respond even though it is pointless................. no is the answer. 

Given your posts and opinions I would put you as a Reform/Ukip voter.

If you vote Labour then perhaps your views on here are all just made up to stir up things.

Yeah I'd agree with this, his views on benefits and migration align with Reform/Ukip for sure.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

f**k off I am more left than crazy. Votes lib dem FFS. Never been more insulted my whole life. 

I'd say you are too. Who do you vote for in the Locals?

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Interesting.  I know I am not going to change your opinion but I have voted Labour in every election since 2001 and plan on voting Labour this year.  

That means, if your opinions on here are true, that you vote for a party whose policies as not in the slightest bit aligned with your own views. A very fishy smell in the air on this one.

That is bonkers to me and why I would only ever vote for a party who policies are aligned with my own views.

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

That means, if your opinions on here are true, that you vote for a party whose policies as not in the slightest bit aligned with your own views. A very fishy smell in the air on this one.

That is bonkers to me and why I would only ever vote for a party who policies are aligned with my own views.

He could very well be lying/trolling, wouldn't be the first time.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Would you still say that after my post later ? Lib Dem’s not really my natural home 

Yes I would.

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Would you still say that after my post later ? Lib Dem’s not really my natural home 

On current policies Lib Dems are actually left of Labour at the moment. Not my opinion (though I agree with it)  but from a political think tank on a discussion on Politics Live on BBC2

Edited by Nobody Interesting
  • Thanks 1

I mean I would vote green if they had a chance, but they don't. I know that upsets people, but it's kind of true. Have always voted labour since first in 92 (think I voted). Only time I have voted green is Blair's third as a protest vote. Liked Corbyn policies,wanted him to win, wish McDonnell had been leader don't have much time for Seamus Milne and the like, and don't have much time with a lot of the ideological purity and tribalism you get on the left, and I think that puts voters off too.

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It's called trolling 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I mean I would vote green if they had a chance, but they don't. I know that upsets people, but it's kind of true. Have always voted labour since first in 92 (think I voted). Only time I have voted green is Blair's third as a protest vote. Liked Corbyn policies,wanted him to win, wish McDonnell had been leader don't have much time for Seamus Milne and the like, and don't have much time with a lot of the ideological purity and tribalism you get on the left, and I think that puts voters off too.

So you vote for a party whose policies do not match your own views because they can win and put in place policies that do not agree with your own views.

and people wonder why nothing ever changes!!!

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

On current policies Lib Dems are actually left of Labour at the moment. Not my opinion but from a political think tank on a discussion on Politics Live on BBC2

The Lib Dems do that depending on who looks like is going into government to fill the void so to speak but on a local level that can change (they tend to avoid house building locally).

Just now, Barry Fish said:

I come from a working class trade union family.  I believe in workers rights and enabling the working class to be socially mobile.  I believe in taxation and paying for good public services and would support increased taxation.  I believe in the redistribution of wealth.  I believe in trade union rights.  I believe in free health care.  I believe ever state school should be a good one.  I believe there should be a social safety net.  

It seems a recent thing that being a supporter of the Labour party means you have to happy benefit fraud and unfettered migration.  I am actually pro immigration for skilled people.  I support benefits for people who need them.  I just don't like abuse.

With the exception of Corbyn the Labour party gives me politically a very good home for my vote.  I don't agree with everything they do or want to do but they are the best fit.

If you don't believe me then nothing I can do to change your mind.  But this is all the truth.

I sometimes like to have free thoughts and challenges my own thinking.  Sometimes I might the odd thing to move a debate along.  I don't ever lie though. 

I know you REALLY don't like me but all the above is truth.  Take it or leave it 😛 

I come from a family who all voted Tory.

Means bugger all.

4 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

And also with Rachel Reeves and Keir Starmer.

All c**ts, the lot of them, all parties (except the Greens)

The anarchist on my guess who is left or right is me.

In FPTP you rarely are lucky to vote for the party that completely aligns with your views. In most cases it will be a mix of policies and tactically to keep out a party who least want. That's just the nature of our political system and is quite often why Tories get back in.

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So you vote for a party whose policies do not match your own views because they can win and put in place policies that do not agree with your own views.

and people wonder why nothing ever changes!!!

They are better than Tories, I am on board with a lot of it. Green policies, state owned energy company, house building, workers rights.