news & politics:discussion

zahidf

7 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Do you understand that? I dont.

We live in a sick world. I’m sad for you if you understand it.

yeah we live in a sick world...they were attacking ships and disrupting trade routes, so they got attacked.

Whether it was a good idea is another thing.

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Do Neil’s posts of personal attacks ever get hidden

Yes - any personal attack that's out of order will be taken down. It's fair everyone is treated equally.

Edited by kalifire

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Just cleaned up the last few pages of this thread by hiding yet more personal attacks, from various posters.

Can we please do better than this?

I visit these forums fairly regularly as there are some interesting takes and insights that are different from my own, but the amount of personal attacks and aggressive language that gets chucked around makes it a proper slog!

I know you want to keep things loose and free in here, but the same loud voices insulting each other over and over again is really tiresome!

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I visit these forums fairly regularly as there are some interesting takes and insights that are different from my own, but the amount of personal attacks and aggressive language that gets chucked around makes it a proper slog!

I know you want to keep things loose and free in here, but the same loud voices insulting each other over and over again is really tiresome!

100% agreed, puts people off contributing for sure.

And it's the same handful of people all the time...

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

sack him.

already quit! Probably off to Reform. Third party lucky for him? 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Shall I try that again ? will Sunak f**k off and get a general election called ? 

This isn’t going to be a good couple of days for him so anything is possible. Fingers crossed! 

The government need to lose the 3rd party reading of the bill tomorrow and if that happens then Sunak might have to call an election. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

The government need to lose the 3rd party reading of the bill tomorrow and if that happens then Sunak might have to call an election. 

so todays stuff an irrelevance ? any chance of that ? you probably follow closer than me , lots of life stuff going on 

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

so todays stuff an irrelevance ? any chance of that ? you probably follow closer than me , lots of life stuff going on 

No no not irrelevant at all. Todays votes give an idea on the scale of a possible rebellion, 68 voted for an amendment just now so in theory if all of those votes against the bill tomorrow then the government would lose.