news & politics:discussion

zahidf

From BBC live feed:

"

Labour's amendment is rejected

MPs have rejected an amendment to the Rwanda Bill to require the government to publish a full impact assessment of the costs involved in removals to Rwanda in advance of the Bill coming into force, including per person removal and the confidential financial memorandum signed between the two countries

MPs voted 339 to 263 a majority of 76."

No way it's even close to failing. The rebels and backbenchers are just trying to apply pressure on Sunak.

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

how does this work ? is it Labour being presumptuous ? or does this happen whatever the chances of a handover are ? 

Miliband did it around Jan/Feb 2015. I don't know if Corbyn ever did but it's not unusual. I'm pretty sure Cameron did it in 2010 as well.

Edited by kaosmark2

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

how does this work ? is it Labour being presumptuous ? or does this happen whatever the chances of a handover are ? 

It’s all standard procedure for every election. The PM will give permission for the Opposition to speak with the Civil Service so they can start discussions on their plan for government and help the CS show impartiality.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

You really are a joke.  You come on here with your size nines talking absolute rubbish.  I explain to you exactly why your talking crap and you respond with even more rubbish.

Any FA will tell you investing into a pension is the most tax efficient investment you can make.     They actual real FA who advises me all the time says so as well.  I can invest from source avoiding all taxes, its tax efficient going in, and its tax efficient coming out.  This is absolutely 100% undeniably the best investment anyone can make as long as they are happy to wait on it. 

But Neil knows better.  Everyone else is wrong 🙂. While offering absolutely zero better options.  Thick as two short planks 😛 

Y ou need a better FA, cos money withdrawn from tax-free pension savings is taxable.

and you're very unlikely to get better growth from a pension than what you've paid in interest.

46 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

It's so irrelevant because the seat dies next election. He's not going to run in either Bristol East or North Somerset in the GE after the boundary changes.

Standard nonsense though.

i think i've read he's already the GE labour candidate  for Bristol east (be good to lose kerry mccarthy [there's a poster of her near my house which looks too  spookily like my ex])

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

You did your usual of coming in with a massive statement then having nothing to back it up 

like you did about oil inflation?

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

Y ou need a better FA, cos money withdrawn from tax-free pension savings is taxable.

You are allowed 25% of your pot tax free. 

There other clever ways as well once retired

and you're very unlikely to get better growth from a pension than what you've paid in interest.

That all depends on what you are invested in and what interest you are paying onthe  mortgage surely. Stock market investment would have out stripped interest. Plus you pay no tax on those investments

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

First 25 percent is tax free. You really don’t have a clue. Please just wind your neck in. 

2 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

That all depends on what you are invested in and what interest you are paying onthe  mortgage surely. Stock market investment would have out stripped interest. Plus you pay no tax on those investments

It’s worth remembering that Neil is wrong about almost everything he thinks and says.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

i think i've read he's already the GE labour candidate  for Bristol east (be good to lose kerry mccarthy [there's a poster of her near my house which looks too  spookily like my ex])

Oh please no.

if stock market is so good why are pensioners mostly doing BTL?

i think i get bumped into bristol east by the boundary changes.

A quick google about the constituency and Kerry McCarthy doesn't show any hint of her standing down to me.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

if stock market is so good why are pensioners mostly doing BTL?

Well that has nowt to do with what we were talking about.

But If people have I bet a good percentage have done it from money they took from their pension (probably many from inheritance) not sure many have been buying while in their 30's and 40's

Just now, kaosmark2 said:

A quick google about the constituency and Kerry McCarthy doesn't show any hint of her standing down to me.

from what i remember reading it was more that  matey wanted her seat (not necessarily her seat, but A seat) than  her standing down.

not sure many have been buying while in their 30's and 40's

not pensioners but have you never seen homes under the hammer? if maximising profit from investment is the thing then BTL is a much better investment than stock market.

Edited by Neil