news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Legend.

That's brilliant!  One of the best tweets I've ever seen 🙂 

All totally true too!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I think I was one of the people saying that just because polls have narrowed before doesn’t necessarily mean they will again. 

So do you think Labour Majority now, or still sticking with Labour Minority? 

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

very much agree ...  Also why such a difference in the polls out of interest ? are some that selective they aren't representative of the population 

Savanta chap goes into detail here on the main differences. 

4 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I reckon it’s probably because he doesn’t like what the polls are showing. 

or because on shows a 27 point lead and the other a 14 point lead which rather shows they are so inaccurate regardless of what I might like.

Not everything is about who people choose to vote you know. Somethings are just simple numbers with 27 being almost double 14 in case you struggle with the concept bless you.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

or because on shows a 27 point lead and the other a 14 point lead which rather shows they are so inaccurate regardless of what I might like.

Not everything is about who people choose to vote you know. Somethings are just simple numbers with 27 being almost double 14 in case you struggle with the concept bless you.

I literally shared from Savanta the reasons (not all) why the polling would be different but keep up the condescending attitude. 

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

For work experience at school I went out with the ministry of agriculture and we once went out to a hunt kennels to put down quite a few of their beagles . End of working lives and before the ban  came in , but any idea they are pets is a falicy . Utterly barbaric pursuit 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

For work experience at school I went out with the ministry of agriculture and we once went out to a hunt kennels to put down quite a few of their beagles . End of working lives and before the ban  came in , but any idea they are pets is a falicy . Utterly barbaric pursuit 

it's banned apparently.

Whole thing is a joke.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

unfortunately it isn't true.

I meant it’s true that Hancock was weak as nuns piss etc… 😂

6 hours ago, Skip997 said:

This is exactly the sort of xenophobic nonsense a large number of the brain dead electorate would go for.

They'd have to think it meant something of substance. Without the public believing the houses exist there's nothing for any Brits xenophobic or not.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

unfortunately it isn't true.

Think it might be true. I did some digging and saw some comments like " that's nothing you should hear what she said about Liz Truss"

6 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Savanta chap goes into detail here on the main differences. 

Main difference is that different people were surveyed.

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

There was a period during lockdown where no groups greater than 30 were allowed. It just so happens that his coincided with his 60th birthday. I have no idea how he did it, but he managed to secure the Farmer Phil's site for his 60th birthday, whilst limited to 30 people. He had even got the equipment for a silent disco for 30 people.

Anyway, we partied through the night until there was just 4 people around the outdoor fire. We watched the sun rise. Not too long after that a full n hunt came over the hill opposite to us. There were far more than 30 in their group, and they were 'not' drag hunting. It was the most surreal of moments. 

big praise in the USA for binden's handling of the economy, something about the biggest boost to middle class incomes in a generation. can't see starmer getting similar praise when he's coming up for re-election. good news for the world as it sounds like biden might win against trump("it's the economy stupid").

Was just featured on BBC breakfast Bristol leading the way again, Bristol drugs project becomes the first in the country to offer a regular drugs testing service. I have a couple of friends who work for bdp one of which I bumped into at boomtown one year. They reckon bdp is a fantastic charity.