news & politics:discussion

zahidf

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

what a f**kup. I wish Labour would reverse this one.

won't be popular to reverse.hs/2 was generlly regarded as a huge waste of money its why there was only a wimper when it was scrapped.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

even bigger waste of money if won't work properly...

An even bigger waste of more than £28BN - should be Starmer's defence line. 

Why can't we spend £28BN on greening the country when you are spending more on a failed transport scheme and filling potholes? 

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

Why can't we spend £28BN on greening the country when you are spending more on a failed transport scheme and filling potholes? 

Because it will annoy the fossil fuel lobby and the NIMBYs

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Because it will annoy the fossil fuel lobby and the NIMBYs

Reaching net zero without annoying the fossil fuel lobby is impossible isn't it?  I guess we might as well just give up now. 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Reaching net zero without annoying the fossil fuel lobby is impossible isn't it?  I guess we might as well just give up now. 

We really need to tell them to "do one", apply a serious and meaningful "windfall tax" on their obscene profits and get on with covering the country with wind turbines.

Cracks between Keir Starmer and Rachel Reeves are starting to show - New Statesman (archive.ph)

summed up nicely in the new statesman

''I know you are probably tiring of the constant speculation over whether Labour will ditch its policy to invest £28bn a year in the green economy. I assure you that this is the leader of the opposition’s fault and not the media’s.''

3 hours ago, stuie said:

An even bigger waste of more than £28BN - should be Starmer's defence line. 

Because Sunak won that by-election in Uxbridge. 

it was a scripted joke...they like a good old transphobic joke in the tory party..hahaha...but the fact that he stuck to it when he knew Brianna Gheys' mum was there shows what an insensitive and out of touch little tory twat he is.

Edited by steviewevie

30 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is awful!

Just when I think it's not possible to hate a politician any more than I already do. 

Unpopular Conservatism. 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Just when I think it's not possible to hate a politician any more than I already do. 

Unpopular Conservatism. 

it's pure dog whistle...they love it, like Johnson and all his hilarious racist jokes, burka letter boxes etc..but this time it has backfired badly. 

15 minutes ago, stuie said:

Unpopular Conservatism. 

its all unpopular conservatism.