news & politics:discussion

zahidf

13 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Right wing media have done their job then? 

Yes, clearly The Sun doesn’t care about the victims, only making drama.  ultimately if the accusation and the leaked conversation are true then it’s his own predatory behaviour that’s caused it though. 

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

thought so ... so why arent they being accessed .... cant figure this out ... surely someone is breaking the law ? if not him then the  torys ? 

Johnson is claiming that he's discussing the safe access of the phone with the security services, which is obviously a lie because a child could safe access a mobile phone let alone the security services.

8 minutes ago, Chawk said:

ultimately if the accusation and the leaked conversation are true then it’s his own predatory behaviour that’s caused it though. 

The scum doesnt exactly have a history of printing the truth ....... I mean how different it all seems now as it appears no law has been broken and how things have changed over the last few days  ... Needs full investigation of course . First and foremost  is that Hugh Edwards is given time to sort out the issues hes suffering . 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The scum doesnt exactly have a history of printing the truth ....... I mean how different it all seems now as it appears no law has been broken and how things have changed over the last few days  ... Needs full investigation of course . First and foremost  is that Hugh Edwards is given time to sort out the issues hes suffering . 

It doesn’t seem that different to me. It still seems he’s been exhibiting predatory behaviour to people a lot younger than him- something we’ve seen too many times from male celebrities. Evidence like that mentioned in this article is pretty damning:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66165766.amp

Edited by Chawk

5 minutes ago, Chawk said:

It doesn’t seem that different to me. It still seems he’s been exhibiting predatory behaviour to people a lot younger than him- something we’ve seen too many times from male celebrities. Evidence like that mentioned in this article is pretty damning:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66165766.amp

without seeing the messages im going to withhold my opinion .... that article isnt evidence in my opinion . Its a press report 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

It’s an absolute disgrace they have whipped up a social media campaign which has ruined a mans reputation without a proper investigation or trial.

we are all hypocrites to be fair, if this was someone on the right we didnt like we would all act in the same way calling for them to be sacked etc before any investigation etc

I'm pretty sure WhatsApp messages aren't (or at least shouldn't be) permanently saved to the cloud. You can back them up, but you choose to do that. I moved onto a new phone earlier this year and chose not to take over any messages (I'm lazy), so now the only records of my conversations exist with the other parties of those conversations. If for, say, a 2-person conversation both people didn't backup, then the messages should be gone forever. 

I imagine if the messages are still in existence and police notified WhatsApp, they could place a legal hold on the messages.

12 minutes ago, pryce said:

we are all hypocrites to be fair, if this was someone on the right we didnt like we would all act in the same way calling for them to be sacked etc before any investigation etc

the right thing is suspension pending investigation .... that would happen in my workplace , has happened in the Labour Party but not the Tory Party ... 

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think the use of WhatsApp or similar needs to be reviewed..but for sure people will be more careful what they send in future.

Yeah the use of WhatsApp for professional activities should be reviewed absolutely, but it should be something for an organisation to mandate to its employees. It's been a big no no I'm sure in a lot of private sectors for years. On a personal level though I think end-to-end encryption is a good thing  and should be protected.

2 minutes ago, cellar said:

Yeah the use of WhatsApp for professional activities should be reviewed absolutely, but it should be something for an organisation to mandate to its employees. It's been a big no no I'm sure in a lot of private sectors for years. On a personal level though I think end-to-end encryption is a good thing  and should be protected.

To be fair it was more widely used during COVID restrictions, previously (and maybe since) many of these conversations would be in person...?