news & politics:discussion

zahidf

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Rayner to shadow levelling up...

she seemed to be doing that anyway.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Nandy demoted for being sh*t (disloyal/threat).

(apparently)

nandy is always unimpressive.

20 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

You said it was a popular month for an election, there hasn't been one then for nearly 100 years.

It's ok to admit being wrong Neil 

its popular to mention november as a possibility.

4 hours ago, Neil said:

Just heard on the radio that when sunak was chancellor he cut the school rebuilding plans in half 

That’s probably down from the major reductions done when the Tories first regained power. It was about 2009/2010 when I was made redundant from the company that had grown massively off the back of the school & hospital rebuilding programs. They went from having 9 or 10 design offices around the country down to just 2. 

In his rush to show he is not to blame Sunak seems to have actually admitted the repair budget was indeed reduce to 50 schools a year as Jonathon Slater claimed earlier:

""But asked if he was to blame for the concrete crisis, Mr Sunak said: "I think that is completely and utterly wrong.

"Actually one of the first things I did as chancellor, in my first spending review in 2020, was to announce a new 10-year school re-building programme for 500 schools.

"Now that equates to about 50 schools a year, that will be refurbished or rebuilt.""

16 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Not what you said lol 

But whatever you like aye Neil , you know best 

I know where I got November from and that's the same oft mentioned list of possibilities the others come from. They're all irregular for actual elections cos we don't have many elections.

28 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Nandy big demotion - cabinet minister covering international trade

Thinks she’s in the blue Labour faction. There are a few I don’t know but I’m guessing there are No corbynistas in there either 

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

know where I got November from and that's the same oft mentioned list of possibilities the others come from

A calendar?

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

They're all irregular for actual elections cos we don't have many elections.

May is standard. You said November was ‘popular’ despite it not being used since the 30s haha. Now you’re changing things and claiming what you meant was it was a possibility. Well duh, of course it is, but that’s not what you said.

58 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

In his rush to show he is not to blame Sunak seems to have actually admitted the repair budget was indeed reduce to 50 schools a year as Jonathon Slater claimed earlier:

""But asked if he was to blame for the concrete crisis, Mr Sunak said: "I think that is completely and utterly wrong.

"Actually one of the first things I did as chancellor, in my first spending review in 2020, was to announce a new 10-year school re-building programme for 500 schools.

"Now that equates to about 50 schools a year, that will be refurbished or rebuilt.""

Sunak thinks we shouldn’t blame him for the crumbling schools. Well he’s the PM and was the Chancellor so of course he’s going to get the blame. He really hates any accountability doesn’t he!?

32 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

A calendar?

May is standard. You said November was ‘popular’ despite it not being used since the 30s haha. Now you’re changing things and claiming what you meant was it was a possibility. Well duh, of course it is, but that’s not what you said.

I learned the hard way that trying to discuss was pointless due to the ever changing stance despite what they write - I now use the ignore function for this one as it really does make this thread a lot nicer even though lots of us do disagree on stuff.

48 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

A calendar?

its popularas a prediction, same as the other months are.i get the impression the others mentioned  only had the actuals looked up after the mentions.

48 minutes ago, Neil said:

its popularas a prediction, same as the other months are.i get the impression the others mentioned  only had the actuals looked up after the mentions.

I’m going to leave it now cause it’s like speaking to a brick wall. Just know that you’re wrong 🙂 of course you know that already but just to confirm 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I’m going to leave it now cause it’s like speaking to a brick wall. Just know that you’re wrong 🙂 of course you know that already but just to confirm 

w're suggesting when an election might be, so months on the standard suggestion list, which november often is, are good  for that.

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

w're suggesting when an election might be, so months on the standard suggestion list, which november often is, are good  for that.

Oh back again. You said oct/ nov were popular when the discussion was on what months elections have previously been held. This clearly means you thought these were popular months for elections to be held. October you could maybe attempt an argument at but November you can’t. It’s fine that you’re wrong, who really cares. It’s the fact you can’t admit it which perplexed me. 

Ok, wrong.

On different subject labour reshuffle good to see Thangam Debbonaire

get a promotion. My MP so I'm bias but have always been impressed with her words in the commons. Wonder how she'll do with the different brief of culture.

today my cat is an obstacle course - wherever in the house i am, shes there under my badly moving feet, i could kick her out of the way but i don't have the heart to do that. 🙂