news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 hours ago, stuie said:

How depressing.

The state of the NHS - waiting lists, strikes, recruitment issues, building condition - and Steve Barclay uses his speech to pile in on trans women. 

😞 

i'm on an 'urgent waiting list, there's a 16 week wait, i'm 13 weeks in, should get it soon!

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I wish someone would ask Sunak what new evidence hes expecting on HS2 that might influence his decision 

probably going to need it at some point. I'm guessing will get postponed to godknowswhen. Whole thing is so stupid, such a massive waste of time, energy and cash. 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

it does and its true but im not sure how representative twitter is ? and how algorithms work that make something trend ? 

I think Twitter is representative, if anything it leans to the right. But we can use a YouGov poll if you like 🙂 

Not sure how he can sit there and say that the public don’t want a general election! 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think Twitter is representative, if anything it leans to the right. But we can use a YouGov poll if you like 🙂 

Not sure how he can sit there and say that the public don’t want a general election! 

im just wary after seeing it before the last general election ... maybe a bit of bias from my feed though thought they were going last time . 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

im just wary after seeing it before the last general election ... maybe a bit of bias from my feed though thought they were going last time . 

Last time, everyone was so burned out from hearing about Brexit and Bozza said he’d sort it.

And Jeremy Corbyn.

44 minutes ago, stuie said:

they always say they know what the british people want...as if we're just this one single entity that thinks the same thing. It's like the will of the people during brexit.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

This scares the sh*t out of me tbh , along with the restricting of Steve Brays protests , GMP now Tory chief enforcers ? Let's hope labour revoke some of these protest laws or this country is going to be a mess . Little GB china lite 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

is that when people were excitedly posting pictures of long queues at polling stations in London and thought Labour were going to pull off a surprise win, and then realised that there was this place called outside London?

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

is that when people were excitedly posting pictures of long queues at polling stations in London and thought Labour were going to pull off a surprise win, and then realised that there was this place called outside London?

yeah think so ... fell down that hole I admit 

31 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

This scares the sh*t out of me tbh , along with the restricting of Steve Brays protests , GMP now Tory chief enforcers ? Let's hope labour revoke some of these protest laws or this country is going to be a mess . Little GB china lite 

It's been coming for years, hopefully lots of folks are finally taking their heads out of the sand and seeing the totally obvious.