news & politics:discussion

zahidf

6 hours ago, Neil said:

Gas panic terrible bus crash  on Venice this evening. With lots of mention of how the bus was powered by methane which then caught fire.witth a plan to replace natural gas with hydrogen I'm seeing lots of comments about how it's more dangerous. My van has run on gas for the last five years, no problems I even had an electrical fire. 

I've seen a video of the complete burnout of a gas powered car, the gas tank didn't leak or explode . It's as safe as petrol.

I'm old and wise and been round the block a few times etc but I didn't know there were gas powered vehicles on the road.

Sunak making his speech today? Will he mention change a hundred times, and better future, different from the previous tory govt of Johnson that won a landslide, we will get to a beautiful green energy net zero by 2050 but without doing anything about it, so stick with him, the man of the people,  for a better future and not one controlled by stalinist woke eco zealot elites controlling Labour.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I'm old and wise and been round the block a few times etc but I didn't know there were gas powered vehicles on the road.

gas powered buses in bristol - cleaner than diesel.

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Sunak making his speech today? Will he mention change a hundred times, and better future, different from the previous tory govt of Johnson that won a landslide, we will get to a beautiful green energy net zero by 2050 but without doing anything about it, so stick with him, the man of the people,  for a better future and not one controlled by stalinist woke eco zealot elites controlling Labour.

but what about HS2 Rishi?

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This was always going to happen. 

So Nazi speeches and cancelling major infrastructure projects turns off voters?  Who knew? 

49 minutes ago, stuie said:

So Nazi speeches and cancelling major infrastructure projects turns off voters?  Who knew? 

The people who claimed last week that the polls were moving in favour of the Tories look a bit foolish. 

All soundbites and no substance.

Not sure cancelling the remainder of HS2 would pay for all the infrastructure projects he rattled off, let alone including resurfacing all the roads.