news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just watched partygate amazing that they were able to remain in office after that .  They become more shambolic by the day 

They stay in office because they are shameless.

It was a crock of sh*t but I miss the days of when they pretended there was honour in politics.

5 hours ago, Neil said:

They stay in office because they are shameless.

It was a crock of sh*t but I miss the days of when they pretended there was honour in politics.

I mean, for all her (very big) faults, can you imagine Theresa May and her cabinet acting like that?

21 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I mean, for all her (very big) faults, can you imagine Theresa May and her cabinet acting like that?

you could argue that May was a bit unlucky having to deal with brexit, but then again she might have never been PM without it. Same with Johnson but his bad luck was having to deal with covid only a few months after winning that election, and he almost got through it all ok but his bullshitting was the end of him.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Big by-election in Rutherglen & Hamilton West today.

I hope the people of Scotland show Rishi and Cruella exactly what they thought of their hate speeches this week. 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

I hope the people of Scotland show Rishi and Cruella exactly what they thought of their hate speeches this week. 

How about they show the SNP they don't like being taken for fools.

15 minutes ago, Neil said:

How about they show the SNP they don't like being taken for fools.

I’m not that fussed but at least the SNP aren’t hate-mongers. 

I've just seen that Bristol is getting £200M from the cancellation of hs2 to spend on a mass transport system m currently in favour is the Idea of an underground system. Not sure if that can be done with old coal mines under the city. Perhaps we can have the old tram system back again. Or the scrapped road schemes that lots of slum clearance was done for decades ago and then scrapped HS2 style.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

Lol you've not been paying attention.

If you say so.

I don’t remember any SNP speeches like those. They’ve basically turned into the far-right.  

Just now, stuie said:

If you say so.

I don’t remember any SNP speeches like those. They’ve basically turned into the far-right.  

The SNP have their own distinctly Scottish version of hate speech for immigrants and ethnics.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:
Hopefully the Tories fail in the same way

Doubtful. In fact don't the US / Canada call the UK TERF island for the exact reason there seems to be more scepticism here? I don't think Starmer would of come out and said a women is an adult human female if his focus groups were not saying the same thing as the Tories.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

The SNP have their own distinctly Scottish version of hate speech for immigrants and ethnics.

I thought they’d just elected an ethnic leader?