news & politics:discussion

zahidf

47 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

2 instances here were mattiloy accuses squirrel of racism yet no one says anything. Strange that. 

No one takes what he says seriously. Anyone still supporting Corbyn is either an idiot or a troll. As for the racism part I made it clear my opinions were about religion not race. The left loonies are just looking for any reason to justify their support for terrorists. 

43 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Evidence isn't clear either way, Al Jazeera and Ch4 News have already found holes in some of IDF's evidence. Really need an independent body to investigate, but that probably not likely any time soon. I did see French intelligence backed up IDF evidence, nothing from UK yet.

I agree we need that independence to draw any conclusions, all I am seeing on social media is cherry picking. Best case people not really understanding the evidence, unable to make basic assessments about sources etc, worst case people trying to mislead.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Kicking off in West Bank too..if Israel want to work with Fatah instead of Hamas they really need to police the settlers there.

Fatah were run out of town cos the Palestinian people had had enough of them, they need a character like Arafat to re-emerge as a power.

30 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Of course Tory voters stayed at home, it’s a by election and you’re looking at 20-30 percent lower turnout. Labour voters stayed home as well. To me it’s not just the fact Tory voters aren’t bothered about Starmer being PM, but also Lib Dem voters aren’t, that could be crucial in tactical voting.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Fatah were run out of town cos the Palestinian people had had enough of them, they need a character like Arafat to re-emerge as a power.

yeah, I think they were corrupt or something? Anyway, at moment it's them or Hamas..and this is the problem for Israel, if they do go in and wipe out Hamas, who replaces them?

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Of course Tory voters stayed at home, it’s a by election and you’re looking at 20-30 percent lower turnout. Labour voters stayed home as well. To me it’s not just the fact Tory voters aren’t bothered about Starmer being PM, but also Lib Dem voters aren’t, that could be crucial in tactical voting.

I think you’ve nailed it, Starmer is viewed as being so safe that some Tory voters aren’t motivated to go out and vote. 

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

People were thinking tactical voting might lose labour those seats