news & politics:discussion

zahidf

well, another sh*t year ends, I wonder how sh*t 2024 will be? Will Ukraine-Russia war get resolved, or will it grind on with Russia hoping that western support for Ukraine will continue to falter? Will the Israel attack on Gaza escalate to west bank, Lebanon, and a wider war in the region? Will Serbia/Kosovo kick off? Will parts of Africa continue to have its various wars and atrocities? Will China invade Taiwan, and if so how will US react?  will we have WW3? Will Trump win back the white house? And most scary of all will the evil tory zionist kid starver become PM?

Happy New Year.

55 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well, another sh*t year ends, I wonder how sh*t 2024 will be? Will Ukraine-Russia war get resolved, or will it grind on with Russia hoping that western support for Ukraine will continue to falter? Will the Israel attack on Gaza escalate to west bank, Lebanon, and a wider war in the region? Will Serbia/Kosovo kick off? Will parts of Africa continue to have its various wars and atrocities? Will China invade Taiwan, and if so how will US react?  will we have WW3? Will Trump win back the white house? And most scary of all will the evil tory zionist kid starver become PM?

Happy New Year.

Ever thought about going into motivational speaking?

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Happy New Year.

Ah who gives a sh*t. I have my nice social housing flat and a supermarket less than 100 yards away. As long as we don't get nuked I am OK. Let the stupid buggers battle it out over whatever they are battling over. I used to be fixed on the news but now I mainly just follow links on this thread and all is good in the world.

Happy New Year

Some or all of the above content may be total bollocks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Did he? Good for him. People like Sean Connery who was sn adamant believer in independence stlll took the honour.

so says an efester who met him today, details in the 'arise' topic.

Edited by Neil

mayor of bristol talks bollocks

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/31/concentration-of-power-in-london-is-uk-disease-says-outgoing-bristol-mayor

Rees has been sh*t  - so sh*t Bristol voted to abolish his post of mayor, the last mayor was decent, rees has been sh*t - openly corrupt.

Edited by Neil

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Happy New Year.

When will this sh*t end? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

going to be loads of big elections this year...Taiwan, India, Russia, EU, US and UK (probably).

Yeah they speak about that in one of the recent News Agents podcasts. Will be fun to watch!

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

2023 was fun... 

we didn't even have a tory leadership election, seems weird.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Anyway this election thing, what are people predicting? I reckon a late autumn or even early winter election, and a small labour win and lefty SCG MPs having a lot of power over govt policy.

BET NOW!

if sunak goes beyond may he's in trouble cos the tories will get trounced in the locals, that's why it'll be May.