news & politics:discussion

zahidf

18 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Now then!!

Didn't expect that

i always expect Israel to take action against those who threaten its existence.

Just now, Neil said:

Ah now, that's more like you

How about the action they take against those who don't threaten their existence. Where do you draw the line? Do ypu even have a line?

59 minutes ago, Neil said:

what like people visiting a memorial?

Anyway, this could actually be a sunni terrorist group like ISIS, it isn't always all about Israel in that region...

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

How can you tell all the way over here ?

I presume you are grown up enough to accept that legitimate military operations do result in collateral damage and that this is justifiable part of warfare ?  Both legally and sensibly ?   That doesn't justify everything but a lot of what you complain about.

Justifiable according to who?

The idea of legality within war is laughable and to a large extent illustrates why the human race is so f**ked up.

Also I suspect the Israeli actions far exceed the "legal" boundaries.

There is something very wrong (morally) with anyone who thinks they can justify the continuing slaughter of mainly innocents in some blood thirsty revenge.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Justifiable according to who?

The idea of legality within war is laughable and to a large extent illustrates why the human race is so f**ked up.

Also I suspect the Israeli actions far exceed the "legal" boundaries.

There is something very wrong (morally) with anyone who thinks they can justify the continuing slaughter of mainly innocents in some blood thirsty revenge.

yeah...Israel crossed that line. You can't just say Hamas are using civilians as human shields and holding up in hospitals to justify blowing up hospitals full of patients. Same with all the other places being targeted because there might be some Hamas in a tunnel beneath or whatever. Whole thing is completely f**ked.

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You are basically trying to take an anti war stance while taking no stance against terrorism.  Its a strange place to be but you seem happy.

You'll probably not be surprised to learn that I don't accept the term terrorism, unless it's applied to states committing acts that terrify.

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

so...early or late autumn?

BET NOW!

So he's going for annihilation in the local elections then? 

Should be interesting. 

4 hours ago, Skip997 said:

The military unit of a government.

Govts should be judged according to international law. Hamas raped, killed and abducted civilians on Oct 7. What military aim justifies this?

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, stuie said:

So he's going for annihilation in the local elections then? 

Should be interesting. 

should be another new leader.

well I guess Sunak had to weigh up the risks...risk of going in May when still polling so badly, or leave it till later in the year and hope things improve and something crops up, but then is risk of looking like running scared, putting power before country etc...which I'm sure Labour will keep banging on about.

26 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Govts should be judged according to international law. Hamas raped, killed and abducted civilians on Oct 7. What military aim justifies this?

Yes all great in theory, but all governments aren't judged equally and some not at all.

27 minutes ago, lazyred said:

it's all subjective I guess. Some countries have declared them a terrorist group, others haven't. Hamas are governing Gaza and were elected in that one time, they are also a military group, and this is where you could argue they are defending Gaza, or are a terrorist group. In my eyes what they did on Oct 7, but also other attacks, makes them a terrorist group. If they are an official governing party they should be up infront of an international court. You could argue that Israel is carrying out acts of terrorism in Gaza, they would argue they are targeting Hamas who are integrated throughout Gaza,  but if that's true they're not exactly being accurate with their targeting..looks like they just want to destroy the lot.

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yes all great in theory, but all governments aren't judged equally and some not at all.

apllies to you as much as it does anyone.