news & politics:discussion

zahidf

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

not sure what he's on about..fish man talking out his bum again...Ozanne has been saying for ages that he expect polls to tighten and that a hung parliament or small majority for labour is more likely...

and I think so too...but think you're right about country wanting a change, that's how it feels...so I reckon a Labour win but a small/medium majority is most likely at moment, but it could also be a landslide. Problem for labour is Starmer is still pretty unpopular, or at the least not very popular, he just happens to be more popular than Sunak...so leaders are weak points for both parties that the other will expoit in run up to the election.

I mentioned starmer to my kipper cousin who was straight back with something about saville.

expect to be hearing a lot of that

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

but also...well done Chris Skidmore.

Indeed it’s shocking. A Tory that actually stands by their words. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

but also...well done Chris Skidmore.

Fair play to this fella which is very rare I offer words of nicety to tory MPS , wish the Labour Party offered the same on this one which ive been consistent about throughout . will avoid checking his voting record on other things but at least has a moral stance on the matter , which we absolutely should never be rolling back on at this stage 28 billion is pennies for what its going to cost in the future . off to check his majority ... 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Fair play to this fella which is very rare I offer words of nicety to tory MPS , wish the Labour Party offered the same on this one which ive been consistent about throughout . will avoid checking his voting record on other things but at least has a moral stance on the matter , which we absolutely should never be rolling back on at this stage 28 billion is pennies for what its going to cost in the future . off to check his majority ... 

bit stalky.

But also don't Labour also oppose this bill?

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Indeed it’s shocking. A Tory that actually stands b their words. 

Just googled him. A good Bristol lad and perhaps my MP if I move a short distance North.

unless he loses his seat, which is very possible.

LESS LIKELy - people can even get gp appointments in his constituency, and houses are buyable. south gloucs is lush and tory.

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

bit stalky.

But also don't Labour also oppose this bill?

This MPs stance is literally the same as Labours. Both oppose new oil/gas licenses, it helps if people pay attention. 

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Anyway, everyone's fave labour leader ever was on lbc this morning...

The 5 things I know Starmer stands for:

Cops

Queer-bashing

Sinophobia

War crimes

Fiscal rules

gets my vote.

Green came a very comfortable 2nd to Labour here last time so I don't need to worry about Tories getting in and rejecting this. I think there's a lot of problems with the Greens of focusing on idealism over the practical, but protecting abuse, abusers, and suggesting that Labour's own made-up Fiscal Rules (which were kinda okay when they were written) trump managing climate change is a lot to stomach. If I were in a position where my vote mattered I don't know what I'd do. It's easy to moan about them here where I can make a protest vote with a clear conscience.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I don't think he'll hold his seat anyway with the boundary changes. His current constituency is moving to absorb more urban bits of leftie Bristol, and to hold the Tory zone he'd then be fighting Rees-Mogg for the right to that seat. He's making a stand on a few nice and cute things, but I think his seat would probably go to Labour anyway.

It’s worth pointing out again that Labours policies on climate change are the best that are realistically available and would make the UK a clean energy country by 2030. If you genuinely want to fight climate change then you should probably want Labour to get into government.

3 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Green came a very comfortable 2nd to Labour here last time so I don't need to worry about Tories getting in and rejecting this. I think there's a lot of problems with the Greens of focusing on idealism over the practical, but protecting abuse, abusers, and suggesting that Labour's own made-up Fiscal Rules (which were kinda okay when they were written) trump managing climate change is a lot to stomach. If I were in a position where my vote mattered I don't know what I'd do. It's easy to moan about them here where I can make a protest vote with a clear conscience.

I am in a very safe labour seat....so I could vote Green to feel good about myself or Reform for the lols....but this time I will be voting Labour...it isn't often you get to vote the tories out.....once in a generation stuff...

I'll vote Green next time when Labour are total sh*t and probably help the Tories get back in.