news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

They are better than Tories, I am on board with a lot of it. Green policies, state owned energy company, house building, workers rights.

Sadly they won't see it, it has to be 100% perfection or nothing else.

11 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Still, there are worse people to have in your team. 

IMG_1220.jpeg

IMG_1221.jpeg

That again? You love all that stuff don't you. Anyway not a fan of Mandy either, but not going to throw out dodgy accusations which seems to be your thing.

Edited by steviewevie

Anyway, now we've decided I am the most left wing...that graph thing from 100 pages back, I would argue that Johnson is to the left of all the other tory leaders...it's just brexit and his hilarious racism and xenophobia that makes him appear right wing. He was no Thatcherite.

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Thought you were all for fewer immigrants?

So if or when we finally manage to stop the immigrants, we can also say fair well to: the NHS, care homes, the transport network, a large proportion of infrastructure improvements/house building, education system, reliable electricians/plumbers, agricultural workers...etc

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

So if or when we finally manage to stop the immigrants, we can also say fair well to: the NHS, care homes, the transport network, a large proportion of infrastructure improvements/house building, education system, reliable electricians/plumbers, agricultural workers...etc

Stevie is in favour of migration as are the vast majority of us here.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Usually Labour, sometimes Green. Manchester is very red, could do with a few Green councilors so they can build more cycle lanes that are f**king off everyone.

Would you vote Lib Dem in the locals?

48 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I come from a working class trade union family.  I believe in workers rights and enabling the working class to be socially mobile.  I believe in taxation and paying for good public services and would support increased taxation.  I believe in the redistribution of wealth.  I believe in trade union rights.  I believe in free health care.  I believe ever state school should be a good one.  I believe there should be a social safety net.  

It seems a recent thing that being a supporter of the Labour party means you have to be happy with benefit fraud and unfettered migration.  I am actually pro immigration for skilled people.  I support benefits for people who need them.  I just don't like abuse.

With the exception of Corbyn the Labour party gives me politically a very good home for my vote.  I don't agree with everything they do or want to do but they are the best fit.

If you don't believe me then nothing I can do to change your mind.  But this is all the truth.

I sometimes like to have free thoughts and challenges my own thinking.  Sometimes I might say the odd thing to move a debate along and play devils advocate.  I don't ever lie though. 

I know you REALLY don't like me but all the above is truth.  Take it or leave it 😛 

Mainstream labour views until recently. Labour was always a coalition of worker social democrats and liberal middle class. Identity politics and brexit split the coalition and the red walls seats went tory. All Starmer is doing is putting this coalition back together. The liberals that dont like it can vote green/lib dem and labour can still win

Edited by lazyred
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

And also with Rachel Reeves and Keir Starmer.

IMG_1218.jpeg

IMG_1219.jpeg

Actually managed it last time too. Don't just talk the game like the tories managed to cut asylum applications 80%. Plus the Rwanda stuff is just a re-cycled labour policy.

I get the feeling alot of people here are not old enough to remember the last labour government:

GCf09-TDag-AA-j-Es.jpg

2 minutes ago, lost said:

Actually managed it last time too. Don't just talk the game like the tories managed to cut asylum applications 80%. Plus the Rwanda stuff is just a re-cycled labour policy.

I get the feeling alot of people here are not old enough to remember the last labour government:

GCf09-TDag-AA-j-Es.jpg

processing asylum claims for Britain there is different to the Rwanda scheme. Same as if they did it in France now. It is so they don't have to make the perilous journey.