news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, Kurosagi said:

RIP Bazza

855386033_BarryFish1.jpg.fad83422be0183a1f7814bd4a5362c9b.jpg

he deliberately wound people like me up, thought it was all jolly japes, insulted people and got personal, and then when came back at him with bans or whatever he was all blabbing about freedom of speech and it's good to debate and infact he's a life long labour supporter but old labour salt of the earth old school red wall calls a spade a spade anti woke type. I won't miss him.

Israel are saying they plan to control Gaza like they do West Bank after the war...which I guess means they plan to carry on with this fighting with Hamas thing indefinitely. Netanyahu has also said that they will not agree to release Palestinian prisoners or withdraw forces in any hostage deal. So..kind of looks like Israel are just saying f**k you to everyone.

Been crying all morning.  Bereft with grief and sorrow at the loss of such a nice fish. 

Anyhoo...

Rwanda bill has now cleared its first hurdle in the upper chamber

Does anyone know why Labour lords abstained from this vote when it's clear that they are against it? 

31 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Interesting

In recent times he's claimed to be centre left, although his posts clearly indicate that's he's far from it.

Unfortunately, centre-right is where the Labour party is at these days.

He was a Blair fan-boy so centre-right labour about fits wouldn't you say?

17 minutes ago, stuie said:

Been crying all morning.  Bereft with grief and sorrow at the loss of such a nice fish. 

Anyhoo...

Rwanda bill has now cleared its first hurdle in the upper chamber

Does anyone know why Labour lords abstained from this vote when it's clear that they are against it? 

will of the commons? lords don't block bills, they try and change them? something like that.

1 minute ago, Kurosagi said:

Unfortunately, centre-right is where the Labour party is at these days.

He was a Blair fan-boy so centre-right labour about fits wouldn't you say?

Sadly I can't argue with that.

Green Party is the only "choice" left.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

All forums have moderation these days and the rules above we all sign up to . 

Always had moderation in a style that built these forums and a style to match what festivals are about.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

And why are just some moderators part of that process?

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Always had moderation in a style that built these forums and a style to match what festivals are about.

Imagine selling a business then just sitting in the doorway of said business every day criticising the new management.  

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Greens are in power up here in Scotland and they are incompetent morons unfortunately.

Scotland's political problems are self inflicted. Not the fault of the greens.

Just now, stuie said:

Imagine selling a business then just sitting in the doorway of said business every day criticising the new management.  

Not criticising the management I'm criticising the self appointed.some people have stopped visiting the crazy fooolums.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Not criticising the management I'm criticising the self appointed.some people have stopped visiting the crazy fooolums.

I think you'll find that it was you that caused half the users to leave and make their own forum. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I think you'll find that it was you that caused half the users to leave and make their own forum. 

I also got them and you here in the first place. Wasn't by bland.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So at some point this year there could be a Sinn Fein Taoiseach and a Sinn Fein First Minister of N Ireland...that will be quite a moment.

If the answer in northern Ireland is ignore EU law l.then maybe the answer in Israel is ignore international law.

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

Bitter

23 minutes ago, Neil said:

And why are just some moderators part of that process?

With any luck cause you won't be a mod much longer I hope